Complaint Review: Tracfone

• Submitted: Sat, March 05, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, March 05, 2011

• Reported By: AstrTurf — Holiday Florida United States of America
9700 NW 112th Ave,Miami, Florida 33178 Miami, Florida United States of America

Tracfone Straight Talk cheated me out of $15 Skinit/false Advertising,NON Service Dept. Miami, Florida

Straight Talks website advertised FREE $14.95 Skinit for phones if purchased through their Website! After 4 phone calls totaling 1.5 hours, being put on hold "for 3 Minutes" 6-8 times,nothing was accomplished. I tried to deal with this issue through customer service Email SUPPORT 4 times!
  It took almost two weeks to receive my phone and get ported ! The phone FROZE up on me and to get it working I had to take out the battery and re- install it to get it working.
  During all the customer service calls,I was sent 4 miles one way to Walmart to pick up my Skinit,Walmart didn't sell me the phone, They told me they don't even sell or stock Skinit, that whoever told me that was crazy!
  Bottom line is,Tracfone/Straighttalk customer service is NON EXISTING,They HARDLY speak English, after pressing #1 for English,they are Scripted to frustrate you, avoid the issue,steer you into giving up!I don't understand that other than $$$$$$$$$ being their bottom line PEROID!
  All of the Diversion and delays are actually in place to get you past the 30 day money back GUARANTEE! I'm now afraid if I send the phone back, I'll have to go through the same tactics to get my money back.It has been 31 days since I placed the order, SO, I'm sure they will avoid the issue if I try to deal with Customer NON Service,If I send the phone back, I may not see credit and the BLACK HOLE will continue! DO NOT BUY STRAIGHT TALK !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2011 07:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tracfone/Miami-Florida-33178/Tracfone-Straight-Talk-cheated-me-out-of-15-Skinitfalse-AdvertisingNON-Service-Dept-Mi-702965. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tracfone