Complaint Review: Tracfone

• Updated: Mon, April 14, 2014

• Reported By: GShaw — New York New York
Internet USA

Tracfone Changed for Additional Minutes but Deactivated Phone Internet

I had purchased a tracfone for my ailing father to use in case of emergencies.  I opened the account with my email, as he does not use the internet.  When the year-long plan I had purchased, expired, I was prompted by email to add more time to my plan.  I did so online, my credit card was charged, but my father's phone was deactivated.  When I called, they insisted that I had entered the wrong number (though they could not prove this to me), that it was my "fault" and there was nothing they could do to help me.  Even if this was the case, I should have received emal confirmation of the additional minutes, which I never did.  They refused to take the charge off my card, credit my account, take minutes of the "wrong number" charged, or, in good faith, add minutes to my father's phone.  I spoke to several people, the last was Geraldo Carballo, who was allegedly in charge.  He told me the call center was in Belieze.  He had no interest or investment in my case, seemed to care little about providing me with any assistance, and told me there was nothing he could do to help me.  I am guessing that they do this reglularly to customers, charge but don't provide the servcie and that it is an effective form of fraud for them, because the customer has no recourse.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2014 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tracfone/internet/Tracfone-Changed-for-Additional-Minutes-but-Deactivated-Phone-Internet-1138758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tracfone