Complaint Review: Tracfone

• Submitted: Fri, June 01, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, June 01, 2012

• Reported By: Unclerap — Jacksons Gap Alabama United States of America
Tracfone

Tracfone Net 10 Terrible customer service, unresponsive to activation error,Tracfone's, Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: same type of issue

I've been a Tracfone customer for 5+ years, good enough service for the cost.  However I needed to replace my phone, ordered from their website, paid for expedited shipping.  Phone arrived next day, but with a Tmobile SIM card, my area requires an AT&T SIM.  Since I am replacing my current Tracfone with another Tracfone, I'd assume they'd send the correct SIM.  Phone would not activate, and in transferring from old phone to new, the old one was deactivated.  3 calls to customer service including 2 supervisors only to discover they sent wrong SIM.  They won't next day the correct SIM altho they caused the problem.  They gave me a work ticket number which I checked for progress today (day 4) no progress.  I called CS again, they said new SIM was not ordered for me, would send it out today with 24 to 72 hrs for delivery.  Today is Friday, so another 3-4 days without a phone.  Also CS supervisor says they will not refund my expedited shipment fee ($14.95) because the phone did arrive overnight.  Yea, but it arrived inoperable.  Nonsense.  When I went with Tracfone 5 years ago, they sent the phone overnight, and next day I was talking.  Now, it takes 3+ days to simply trade phones with the same company.  I think Tracfone does not have the capacity to service all the free Tracfones being passed out to welfare recipients, and us paying customers are paying for it in non-existent customer service.  When my minutes are used up, I'm gone.  But not to Net 10, that's another Tracfone company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2012 01:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tracfone/internet/Tracfone-Net-10-Terrible-customer-service-unresponsive-to-activation-errorTracfones-In-891672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tracfone

same type of issue

AUTHOR: JEFF - ()

My wife and I both bought these phones and have the same experience.  Can't get a sim card shipped to us and can get no customer service to resolve the fact that they say outr phones can not be activated for use where we live.  I'm out the money for two phones and an extra 50 doillars fo rthe card to activate and can not activate.  thgis company is aweful