• Report: #220133

Complaint Review: Tracfone/Net10

• Submitted: Sat, November 11, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, November 11, 2006

• Reported By:Pendleton, Oregon
8930 NW 25th St. Miami, Florida U.S.A.

I too, have been scammed by Tracfone. I purchased their C261 Camera phone promotion back in October for new Motorola phone and the Double Minute Prepaid plan for $129.99. Upon receiving the phone I tried to charge the phone and it gave me an "invalid battery" error. Now the phone doesn't even turn on without being plugged into the wall charger but still doesn't charge the battery. I read another post somewhere saying that Tracfone buys old style cell phones, refurbish them and then sells them as new.

I've called their lousy customer service department numerous times to try to resolve the issue with the phone, which is actually located in various South American countries, with no success. They also sent me another battery for the phone, except the battery they sent me was for a Nokia cell phone(BL-6C battery) which wouldn't work in my Motorola C261 camera phone(takes a Motorola BC-60 battery). Then the next scam tactic was to send me a cheaper quality Motorola phone (Motorola V170 flip-phone) to replace the defective Motorola C261 camera phone trying to con me into a cheaper quality phone, which I didn't take. I promptly returned that phone with a note saying I wanted the same phone I purchased not a cheaper one.

Presently, I have a phone that doesn't work and $129.99 less in my wallet thanks to being scammed by Tracfone Wireless, Inc.,

Beware-Don't Buy From Tracfone- unless you like giving your money away for nothing.

Pendleton,, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2006 01:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TracfoneNet10/Miami-Florida-33122/Tracfone-Net10-BEWARE-DONT-BUY-FROM-TRACFONE-ITS-A-SCAM-Miami-Florida-220133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tracfone/Net10