Complaint Review: Tractor Supply Company

• Submitted: Sun, February 17, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, February 17, 2008

• Reported By:Corpus Christi Texas
Tractor Supply Company
3153 U.S. HWY 77 ROBSTOWN, Texas U.S.A.

Tractor Supply Company Would not let me return a pressure washer for a refund or exchange. ROBSTOWN Texas

I bought a Campbell Hausfeld #PW1810 electric pressure washer at TSC. I know it's not the best pressure washer of the breed, but I needed something that day to do a job around the house. I only used it once then the thing stopped working. It would no longer kick on when the trigger was squeezed. Also, one of the flimsy plastic wheel broke off and it could not be fixed. A whole new wheel and axle would have to be ordered.

So I return the pressure washer for a refund since I no longer want the thing. The cashier called for the manager to inspect the pressure washer. Then he tells me that he will have to hold on to it and have someone come to the store to pickup it up and test it. This pressure was in the same condition cosmetically wise as the time I purchased it. The store manager would not give any refund or exchange until this guy comes to check it out.

I have only return two things to TSC in the 20 + years I been going there and NEVER had an issue like this one. TSC used to be my favorite place to shop for the items they sell but not anymore. So now I am waiting to hear what they tell me about the pressure washer. Hopefully they will give me a refund since I do not want this pressure washer anymore. If they do not, then my only choice will be the AGO and BBB.

Just buyer beware if you might have to return something at TSC, they may not allow it. Also, I did ask the cashier if something went wrong with the pressure washer, would I be able to return it, their answer was YES. So I guess yes really does mean NO, In TSC perspective.

Jon
Corpus Christi, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2008 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tractor-Supply-Company/ROBSTOWN-Texas-78380/Tractor-Supply-Company-Would-not-let-me-return-a-pressure-washer-for-a-refund-or-exchange-309603. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tractor Supply Company