Complaint Review: Tradeshow hostesses

• Submitted: Mon, March 18, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, June 22, 2013

• Reported By: Elaina Christina — fort lauderdale Florida
Tradeshow hostesses

Tradeshow hostesses www.tradeshowhostesses.com UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY!! NEVER PAID!!!!!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!

*Consumer Comment: Models for NY Comic Con had same thing happen

I found an ad on Craiglist regarding promotional models needed for the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show. I submitted my resume and pictures and recieved an conformation that I would be working a full 5 days at the boat show, for a total of $1,000 paid after I work. I signed a contract stating that I would be paid in 90 days.

Here we are, 6 MONTHS later, and I have not receieved my money. Let me clarify, that I DID receieve half, a check for $500 4 months after I worked the show... with a note on the bottom of the check stating "1 of 2"
and the address was typed completely wrong from what I sent them. The mailman happened to remember my name, and brought me the check anyways. I'm pretty sure they wrote the WRONG address on purpose so that I would take longer to recieve it. I contacted the company letting them know I had only receieved half of the payment and the address was typed wrong, and to please correct the address on the other check. [continued below]....
..... I also inquired about when I would receieve the remainder of my payment. I receieved a response stating that the reason I ahve no been paid in full, to put it simply, was Barak Obama! I was appauled to recieve such a response. I asked when I would receieve the rest of my payment and they replied,"if you ask again, you will not receieve anything!"

It is now 6 months later, and I have still NOT recieved the remained of my money. I have contacted the company at least ten times, with no repsonse. Did my research and found out this company has done this hundreds of times to other models.

Do not work for this comanpany, ever. I don't even care about the money anymore, I am going to pay a lawyer to get this company shut down. They really messed with the WRONG girl.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2013 07:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tradeshow-hostesses/internet/Tradeshow-hostesses-wwwtradeshowhostessescom-UNPROFESSIONAL-COMPANY-NEVER-PAID-1035644. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tradeshow hostesses

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS!!

AUTHOR: snowybee - ()

I, too, am in the same position as this person. I worked a show for them in January and have still not been paid. You are lucky you got half your pay at least!!!

I just wanted to say thank you for posting their email responses. They have sent me crazy verbally abusive and incoherent emails back. Wish I could screen shot mine!

DO NOT WORK WITH THIS COMPANY!

Models for NY Comic Con had same thing happen

AUTHOR: MadmodelNYC - ()

We are in the same position. 2 models work NYC Comic Convention. We received half and have not been able to get a response since. We are approaching 6 months after our event in 2 weeks!