Complaint Review: Tradewinds Flight School

• Updated: Sat, October 15, 2011

• Reported By: raptorpilot — Port Saint Lucie Florida United States of America
Tradewinds Flight School
2982 Curtis King Blvd Fort Pierce, Florida United States of America

Tradewinds Flight School Ernie Carnahan, CFI, CFII, Owner, Shawn Sullivan, CFI, CFII, MEI, ATP False advertising, Failed to complete rotorcraft training after being paid in full, Substandard aircraft, Malfunctioning equipment on aircraft, Failed to properly train under FAR part 61 and 141. Fort Pierce, Florida

I paid Tradewinds flight school in full for a Rotorcraft course in 2010, after advertising they have a Hughes for training. I waiting over a year and a half for them to obtain a rotorcraft and begin my training. After my training started and already having previous rotorcraft training, the flight school and flight instructor failed to properly train me based on FAR part 61 and part 141. They refused to give me any ground school or ground instructions, no syllabus at all. They just tried to fly off my time.

During this time I continued to complain about the training, radios not working, no VOR, Transponder not working, we even flew for several hours without anti collision lights and nav lights not operational because of the eletronics failed. After approximately 10 hours of flight time I was advised they were to sell the rotorcraft. I requested a refund but the  refused, stating they would train me to a check ride then sell the ship. Two weeks later and after several attempts to be put on the flight schedule, they sold the rotorcraft and never told me. They just avoided my calls for three weeks, until they finally told me the rotorcraft was gone. I want a full refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2011 06:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tradewinds-Flight-School/Fort-Pierce-Florida-34946/Tradewinds-Flight-School-Ernie-Carnahan-CFI-CFII-Owner-Shawn-Sullivan-CFI-CFII-MEI-789034. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tradewinds Flight School