• Report: #191035

• Submitted: Thu, May 11, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, May 11, 2006

• Reported By:Fargo North Dakota
Trading Circuit
1100 Circuit City Road Marion, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-251-2665
  • Web:
  • Category: E-trade

Trading Circuit - Circuit CIty's Ebay Division Ripoff VINDICTIVE SCAMMERS!! Marion Illinois

Stupid me, I bought 32 video games from Trading Circuit (Ebay ID: trading_circuit) They are Circuit City's liquidation division, selling off their overstocks, returns, and other items they don't want to sell in their stores. I paid them $410.52 (including shipping/handling of $49.99) through PayPal on March 30. As of April 12, no package had arrived, so I started emailing. They responded on April 13, 18, 25 and 26 - each time promising to get back to me within 24-48 hours. Then nothing - no response to emails - dead silence. On April 28, with time running out to file a PayPal dispute, I filed for a refund for non-delivery. Still no response from Trading Circuit, to me or PayPal.

After waiting until May 4 and hearing nothing, I finally left negative feedback for 15 of the 32 games. Gee, that got a response, but not the one I expected! Within 24 hours a Trading Circuit representative left 15 negative feedback comments for ME claiming that they had issued me a full refund and that I left negative feedback for them anyway! They have since left another 11 negative comments, each time stating that I should contact Ebay for "Mutual Feedback Removal" (which takes off their negatives, too!)

Now, prior to this fiasco I had a 100% POSITIVE feedback rating of 370 on Ebay, which I had worked very hard to maintain. (See my feedback rating under Ebay User ID kidsprouts for all the gory details.) However, now I find out that Ebay WON'T remove feedback even if I can prove it was a LIE!! And I'm still out $410.52 as of May 11 and my package has never arrived. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY! THEY ARE TOTAL SCAMMERS! They now say that they leave "the same feedback as the buyer leaves for us" - no matter what they did wrong and even if the buyer paid them immediately! They even admitted in a recent email that they knew I hadn't received a refund, but that they were justified in leaving negative feedback anyway because I did. THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM EBAY!

Circuit City has a new CEO as of March 1, 2006 - his name is Phil Schoonover. His office number is (800) 251-2665, then press option 0, then 1, then extension 508851. His fax number is 804-290-0630. I think we need to let Circuit City know what their "division" is up to!

If you look at the feedback for trading_circuit on Ebay, you will see that they have done this repeatedly to hundreds of innocent buyers. They screw up the order, then they screw up the buyers' feedback in retaliation if they complain! GRRRR!

Julie
Fargo, North Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2006 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trading-Circuit/Marion-Illinois-62959/Trading-Circuit-Circuit-CItys-Ebay-Division-Ripoff-VINDICTIVE-SCAMMERS-Marion-Illinoi-191035. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trading Circuit