Complaint Review: Trailers Plus

7651 Alvarado Road Internet United States of America

Trailers Plus Bait and switch advertising, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Trailers Plus review

*Consumer Comment: TrailersPlus Experience

*Author of original report: Who eventually got my business...

Trailers Plus advertises a lot on Craigslist.  Prior to the Superbowl 2010, they began running the following ad: TO CELEBRATE THE 44TH SUPERBOWL WE ARE PUTTING EVERY TRAILER IN STOCK ON SALE $100 ABOVE COST
EVERY ENCLOSED TRAILER, DUMP TRAILER, AND OPEN UTILTIY TRAILER IN STOCK ARE ON SALE
>>>NEW 6 MONTHS SAME AS CASH FINANCING AVAILABLE<<<

Their website and Craigslist ads always show a MSRP and "their price" for the trailers.  When you visit their lot, the price sheets on the trailers use the words "sale price" for the everyday prices they charge. [continued below]....
.....

So before going in this time, I called to find out what the price would be on the 14foot trailer I wanted, for $100 above cost should equal a very easily rendered price.  Mike's response was, "we can make you a great deal when you come down".  Why would I want a "great deal" that would have to be negotiated when they are offering $100 above cost?  The initial price they quoted me when I got to the lot, was to take $100 off the price on the sticker/website.  Long story short, the sales guy, after calling his general manager who made the ads, would not honor the price, nor tell me the cost of the trailer and then began telling me the sale was only on some trailers, not all, it was for a cash price, not financing etc etc.  I have a saved copy of the original web ad they posted, because the sales guy said they were going to pull it down as I was leaving the lot.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2010 04:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trailers-Plus/internet/Trailers-Plus-Bait-and-switch-advertising-Internet-565589. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trailers Plus

Trailers Plus review

AUTHOR: Jim Hopes - ()

Trailers Plus treated me right. They did make some claims about their interstate trailers, wich were true and is what sold me on the trailer. i bought a loadrunner. they showed me how the brake & light wiring was accessible in the trailer, and protected through the conduit. HAVE HAD THIS LOADRUNNER FOR 8 YEARS AND ITS STILL IN GREAT SHAPE. 1-peice roof never leaked to this day! the construction of the trailer is well built. All steel frame, steel frame doors, steel door hinges, everything is steel welded. When i was about to pay for it, they had some things added to the invoice which were optional, but NO MARK UPS! They asked me if i wanted the coupler lock, hitch lock, spare tire etc. which was nice of them to offer these additional items because i probably wouldnt have thought to buy them. they showed me how to use them, (even tho i already knew, but was nice of them to make sure.) Someone tried to break into my trailer, they tore the lock up, but couldnt get in because of the steel lock plate inside the door, welded to the frame behind the cam lock. lol, d**n theives tried everything. all the welds are still in tact, the axles are original, never had problems. they also do a 40 point inspection every 6 months for me, and its free. I also like how they have an in-store warranty, since they are the manufacturer, i can bring it to them. other trailer sales place will say "you gotta take it to the maufacturer, we just sell their trailers" thats where they get you and rip you off! I paid cash, and paid taxes on the trailer with them, so when i got to the DMV weeks later i didnt have to pay the taxes which was nice. Trailers Plus is a great company to do business with!

TrailersPlus Experience

AUTHOR: Jim Hopes - ()

I also was in the market and seen one of their craigslist ads. When i got to their lot, the price was higher, and without even confirming they BEAT THAT PRICE! The Salesman and GM were very professional, and provided me with a no-pressure experience. I paid with CASH so i got the cash price. A lot of times, unless people are financing, people pay with CASH, so they advertise the CASH price, just like car dealers, and ebay retailers, if you werent aware of that, i hope you now know, and my reveiw helps you in the future. I bought a Homesteader in 2005 and it lasted 2 years. axles fell apart, my brakes quit working, roof was leaking etc. I took my homesteader to trailersplus, and they rewired my brakes so i could drive the trailer home safely, they didnt even charge me. what happened was my brake wires were exposed underneath the trailer and a rock or a branch tore the wire in half. in 2007 i bought an interstate loadrunner tandem enclosed. it was about $1,000 more, but you get what you pay for. No exposed wiring, 1-peice roof never leaked, EZ lube axle hubs allow me to grease my own axles, no dis-assembly required. 8 years later my Interstate Loadrunner is still awesome! All ive had to do was buy new radial tires as needed, because i use this trailer everyday to haul all my equipment. The guys even gave 20% off my spare wheel, saving me $60, you cant beat their service, quality or price. A lot of bang for your buck. ive bought several different brand trailers over the years none of last longer then 3 or 4 years. ill never buy any other brand again, Interstate is the best! HANDS DOWN!

Who eventually got my business...

AUTHOR: Jakal - (USA)

I was a buyer for a 7 X 14 trailer, ready to sign on a dotted line.  Trailers Plus behaved like a pathetic used car lot, making all sorts of claims for their product.  I finally took my business/money to Jaime at www.HaulMarkPrices.com in Lakeside (San Diego) CA.  He is a straight up owner who sells great trailers at great prices.  No add ons, after markups, delivery/prep fees and actual dmv pricing.  The trailer I got from him, for what Trailers Plus wanted to charge for stripped down base model, included upgraded heavy duty D-rings and 15in radial tires, vents, dome lights etc. that would have been the "plus" edition for those other guys, "plus" the added cost.