receives

• Submitted: Wed, April 01, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 01, 2009

• Reported By:Oregon City Oregon
Trails End Log Homes
1530 S Hwy 97 Redmond, Oregon U.S.A.

Trails End Log Homes This company performs work that is not too code and caused damage to my house. Redmond Oregon

In June of 2008 Trails End Log Homes (Joshua Barnett and Danny Barnett are the owners) began a remodel on my house. Part of the remodel was too replace a 12 by 10 foot deck. This deck was to be rebuilt with trex decking and reattached to my house. Joshua Barnett reattached the new deck to my house using nails. I have a daylight basement so the deck is about fifteen or so feet in the air. He did not build this deck to code nor did he attach it correctly. He did not use lag bolts and did not use new footing at the bottom. He used existing concrete blocks.

On Christmas day my entire brand new deck collapsed. If there had not have been a snow storm my family would have been on this deck and we would have fallen with it. Who would ever attach a large deck to the second story of a house with nails. My deck has since been fixed by a quality contractor after having to go through my insurance. I have currently filed a claim against Trails End Log Homes license and am taking them to small claims court.

I strongly recommend that you do not use this company. They completely ignored my emails about the shotty work they performed. All together I paid this company almost 40,000 dollars to remodel my home. I have never felt so wronged by a business before.

Jen
Oregon City, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2009 10:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trails-End-Log-Homes/Redmond-Oregon-97756/Trails-End-Log-Homes-This-company-performs-work-that-is-not-too-code-and-caused-damage-to-440043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trails End Log Homes