Complaint Review: Tralfagar

• Submitted: Fri, October 07, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, October 11, 2005

• Reported By:overland park Kansas
Tralfagar
325 5th St Nw Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-803-3784
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Tralfagar Aka MA Nationwide Lending ripoff lies many company names Washington District of Columbia Canada

*Consumer Suggestion: ACTUALLY, NO..I HAVEN'T BEEN TAKEN.

*Consumer Comment: yeah sherri that is why there are thousands of cases

*Consumer Comment: SORRY YOU GOT TAKEN, BUT.........

*Author of original report: TRAFALGAR AKA

I also was taken by more the likely the same company after I caused them to close and relocate. I reported them to Washington DC officials. But if there is anyone out there that can be successful in getting our funds back please let me know. I was not taken for as much money as some of you. My loan was only for 5000 dollars. so they only needed 500 deposit. I dealt with a Steven Gibbons and Tom Dodge. They ripped me off just before christmas in December just before they then closed and became tralfagar. I called them every day for 2 months, and then faxed their fax machine non stop until the numbers were disconnected and I assumed they moved and became this company.

They are crooks and they are getting away with thousands of dollars. I turned them into someone by the name of Evelyn Carmen who works for dcra and I do not know if she was ever able to do anything. How do these people keep doing this from place to place. Now they are in Canada so I assume they cannot be touched. Well - I wish someone would do something to them bad. I faxed them non stop every day for 2 months about 25 pages each time from my computer faxing - so it was automatic. It harassed them to no end and made them change their address sooner. so at least I have that to satisfy me some.

Someone please find these people and put them in jail! The lady above that was waiting after 6 days, I hope you can get a lawyer etc. because these people are slick!

Paula
Overland park, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2005 07:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tralfagar/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20001/Tralfagar-Aka-MA-Nationwide-Lending-ripoff-lies-many-company-names-Washington-District-of-159865. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tralfagar

#1 Consumer Suggestion

ACTUALLY, NO..I HAVEN'T BEEN TAKEN.

AUTHOR: Sherri - (U.S.A.)

But I do read and know that advance fee "loans" are scams. They may have different names and may be "loans" or "grants", or even a "sweepstakes winner", but they all still fall under "scam." I also have common sense and know that if someone wants money upfront to cover insurance or fees in order to get money, it isn't legit.

Don't be so defensive. It was a learning experience for you.

yeah sherri that is why there are thousands of cases

AUTHOR: Kayla - (U.S.A.)

Sherri,

Well I'm like most people and I don't work for a loan company and did not know that any fees add on to you balance. I think that you probably got ripped off and are trying to make other people feel stupid and you probably found that on the internt just like me and hundreds of other people. If you are trying to make someone else feel stupid then you are looking at thousands of cases of the same thing so therefore you are talking to all of us. Keep you opinions to yourself because do you not already think that me and other people feel stupid for getting ripped off.

SORRY YOU GOT TAKEN, BUT.........

AUTHOR: Sherri - (U.S.A.)

Common sense should prevail before entering into a deal with anyone. If you have to send them money to get money, then it's a scam. If the "loan" was legitimate, they would deduct any fees and insurance out of the proceeds, NOT have you wire money or send via courier service in cash.

Being in Canada, unfortunately, your money is likely gone forever. Slimy "companies" such as these eventually get shut down, but resurface under another name. They have likely been in Canada the entire time and the DC "office" is either a mail drop or their phone number was a "virtual number", designed to appear if they are in another area code. This is easily done with VOIP telephone service.

TRAFALGAR AKA