Complaint Review: Trans Continental Talent - Wilhelmina Scouting Network - Web Style Network (wSN)

• Submitted: Tue, October 21, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, October 21, 2003

• Reported By:San Francisco California
604 Mission Street, Suite 300 San Francisco, California U.S.A.

Trans Continental Talent, Wilhelmina Scouting Network, Web Style Network (wSN) SCAM!!! ripoff, decpetive, fraudulant practices San Francisco California

*Consumer Suggestion: Credit Card Fraud

On 9-20-2003 I was stopped on the street by a Wilhelmina scout, who told me to come by her office for an modeling "evaluation". When I arrived at the office, I was "interviewed" by a Talent Coordinator, who made many false promises. The coordinator told me that I would get talent bookings immediately and that I would do print work as well as promotional work. The coordinator said that their website was viewed by millions of agencies looking for models (which come to find out was a lie).

As the interview progressed, the coordinator brought up a fee of $995, which would be used to manage my picture on their web site and to get me bookings. I immediately told the coordinator that I was financially unstable and that I was not willing to put down any money towards modeling. The coordinator told me that money should not be a limiting factor and the I would not have to pay the fees.

At the end of the meeting, the coordinator brought out some papers for me to sign, none of which he stated were for fees. He then asked me for my credit card number strictly for security reasons.

A few weeks later, I noticed two charges on my credit card; one of $995 and the other of $19.95.

WSN has done nothing to deserve these fees!! Their so-called service has added no value to my life or career. WSN did not follow through with any of the promises the coordinator made to me that day in the interview. Wilhelmina is a major scam!!!

Tara
San Francisco, California

Click here to see why we deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2003 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trans-Continental-Talent-Wilhelmina-Scouting-Network-Web-Style-Network-wSN/San-Francisco-California-94105/Trans-Continental-Talent-Wilhelmina-Scouting-Network-Web-Style-Network-wSN-SCAM-ri-69712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trans Continental Talent - Wilhelmina Scouting Network - Web Style Network (wSN)

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: H - (U.S.A.)

I suggest contacting your Credit Card Company and telling them the charges were unauthorized and done without your permission (i.e. Fraud). I also suspect there are some class action suits brewing over thiss company so this site is a good resource to track any class actions etc... pertaining to this scam company.

#2 Consumer Suggestion