Complaint Review: Trans Continental Talent

• Submitted: Sun, October 13, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, February 03, 2003

• Reported By:reading Pennsylvania
Trans Continental Talent
400 Penn Center Blvd Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Trans Continental Talent EMPLOYEES TRY TO PARTY WITH MODELS-NO ETHICS Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: "On January 21, 2003 the Pittsburgh office of TCT was a member of the BBB... now it has been removed!"

*Author of original report: The Better Business Bureau helped set us up

my friend got scouted by this company and went with me to the 'open call' with about 30 other models. while we were there the office director tried to hit on us the whole time, asking us how old we were, if we had boyfriends, etc.

he was totally gross, with chest hair sticking out above his shirt (GROSS!!) and seemed real sleazy. after we watched their presentation he asked if we were going to sign up. when my friend said probably not- she doesn't have the money right now, he said a few of his scouts were going out with him to some local bar and wanted to know if we wanted to go.

SLEAZE-O-RAMA. this guy gives the whole company a bad name. sleazeball. warning to all pittsburgh girls!

jenine
pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2002 07:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trans-Continental-Talent/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania/Trans-Continental-Talent-EMPLOYEES-TRY-TO-PARTY-WITH-MODELS-NO-ETHICS-Pittsburgh-Pennsylva-32476. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trans Continental Talent

AUTHOR: FrankTorelli@ripoffreport.com - (U.S.A.)

after being notified by

badbusinessbureau.com

& Rip-off Report.com

================

----- Original Message -----

From: Frank Torelli (badbusinessbureau.com)

To: Edward Johnson

Cc: EDitor@ripoffreport.com

Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 7:38 AM

Subject: Re: BBB and the TRANS CONTINENTAL TALENT Scam

Ed,

I should hasten to note, however, that you would not have removed TCT membership if not for our pressure! The BBB had the information about them long before my Sunday e-mail and did nothing.

As a consumer advocate, I reserve the right to e-mail our concerns. If that makes you uncomfortable, I am sorry, but perhaps you should apologize for BBB's part in tacitly promoting this SCAM.

Frank

________________________________________

Rip-off Report response to BBB above

From: Edward Johnson

To: Frank Torelli

Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 4:48 AM

Subject: Re: BBB and the TRANS CONTINENTAL TALENT Scam

Frank,

Please remove me from your email list.

I am certain the Pittsburgh BBB will take due consideration of the matter.

Ed

____________________________________

Above is the BBB response to Rip-off Report

From: Frank Torelli - Rip-off Report

To: tconnolly@pittsburgh.bbb.org ; dcapanna@pittsburgh.bbb.org ; bdutko@pittsburgh.bbb.org ; bsilvaggi@pittsburgh.bbb.org ; mlockhart@pittsburgh.bbb.org

Cc: ejohnson@dc.bbb.org ; EDitor@ripoffreport.com

Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 3:57 PM

Subject: BBB and the TRANS CONTINENTAL TALENT Scam

How can you have any company affilitated with this scam get the BBB seal of approval. This situation is precisely the sort of example I should use to show how ineffective and deceptive BBB practices are. What consumer in the Pittsburgh area is protected by this sort of report? Don't you gather information from other BBBs? Of course not, that would eliminate a client, wouldn't it?

You know it's a SCAM, so the only reason you could have given them membership is for the money. That makes you complicent.

I have included Ed Johnson as a recipient of this e-mail. So now all of you know about this situation. What are you going to do?

Frank Torelli

Investigative Reporter

Rip-off Report

badbusinessbureau.com

____________________________

EDitor's NOTE:

The actual BBB Report showing TCT Membership in good standing is posted below.

The Better Business Bureau helped set us up

AUTHOR: jenine - (U.S.A.)

The thing that really pisses me off about this scam is that I thought it was a legitimate business because I checked with the BBB before I went and they were members of the BBB with a satisfactory rating and everything. Who can you trust anymore?

Now I see they aren't members anymore. I want to know how long the BBB knew that Trans Continental Talent was a rip-off.

I have a copy of the origional BBB report that shows they are a member in good standing, and I have sent a copy to Rip-off Report to post on this report.