Complaint Review: TransOne Merchant Services

• Updated: Mon, November 14, 2011

• Reported By: Cris B — Long Beach California USA
TransOne Merchant Services
100 Throckmorton Street, Suite 1800 Fort Worth, Texas United States of America

TransOne Merchant Services Unethical and Shady Business Practices Fort Worth, Texas

I have a small business and originally signed up with this company in April 2006. My business is in California and they have a local Orange County office that I dealt with. First off, the man that came to my office was a little pushy. That should have been a red flag. Regardless, I signed the contract. I was told that this was a 3 year contract. After the first year, they raised the interest rate substantially. But I wasn't taking a huge amount of credit cards so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Then earlier this year, 2011, I decided I didn't want to take credit cards anymore and tried to close my account. THEY HAVE AN EVERGREEN CLAUSE! They informed me that I need to wait until my anniversary date to close the account. So just before my date, I call them to cancel. They THEN inform me that I needed to put it in writing 30 days ahead of time. So now I'm stuck for another year. To close my account early, they informed me that it would be $495.00! Please! So I decided to just let me account ride out until the next year. It costs me almost $15.00 a month, for nothing. I'm not using my machine. It's not even hooked up. And by the way, they raised that monthly fee without any notice.

To top that off, they are charging me the PCI Compliance Fee of $125.00. FOR NOTHING! I explained to them that I don't use my machine. Look at my account. You'll see NO TRANSACTIONS for the last 9 months. The account executive basically told me, sorry, can't do anything about that.

This is SO UNETHICAL! Do not use this credit card merchant. THEY ARE RIP OFF ARTISTS!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2011 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TransOne-Merchant-Services/Fort-Worth-Texas-76102/TransOne-Merchant-Services-Unethical-and-Shady-Business-Practices-Fort-Worth-Texas-797957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TransOne Merchant Services