Complaint Review: TransTech Merchant Company

• Reported By: Mel — McKinney Texas United States of America
TransTech Merchant Company
McKinney, Texas United States of America

TransTech Merchant Company McKinney, Texas

This is to report fraud on the part of TransTech Merchant Company.  The salesman came into my business offering savings for merchant services.  He explained that I would have a 30 day FREE trial and if I didn't think the prices were lower after comparing the statements, I could cancel.  He also explained that if I were using a "pin pad" to take "debit" instead of credit, I would be saving a great deal of money as well.....he showed me the example on my statement from the merchant company that I was currently using.  This all sounded great and I agreed to give it a try.  The salesman come in a few days later with the pin pad, hooks it up to my CC machine, which he typed in the password wrong three times leaving my credit card machine locked up for 20 minutes.....I had to let four customers leave without paying because I was unable to use my machine.  He told me that a tech would be calling in a little bit to help me get everything going, but he had to leave and get to "Church".

He asked me to sign the papers saying he left the pin pad with me.  Please keep in mind that he came into my studio during rush time....I was very busy with my customers and he was in a hurry to get to church....so I signed the papers, which he neglected to leave a copy of.  Only after I received a copy of a contract (with my initial on it) that came in the mail from a leasing company.  The contract stated that I was paying $29.95 for the pin pad. Keep in mind that I am paying this $29.95 for the next 60 months. This was NEVER explained to me by the sales person.  I called him immediately and asked him about it.  He said "not to worry, that he would take care of it."  I never heard back from him.  I called him about a week later and he said that if I decided to cancel my service with them that I could send back the and that TransTech would take care of the rest.  I confirmed that I would NOT have to pay this amount if I cancel and he confirmed "yes".

Well, he lied.  I was on the phone with not only the salesman, but his super and with the leasing company, with customer service.  They all explained that I signed the contract, that I should have read the contract, etc.  TransTech also said that they were not responsible for what the salesman told me out in the field.

I am so upset about this.  I trusted this company and they lied and falsely represented themselves and they should be investigated for this type of practice.

Thank You for letting me tell my story.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2010 07:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TransTech-Merchant-Company/McKinney-Texas-/TransTech-Merchant-Company-McKinney-Texas-637263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TransTech Merchant Company