Complaint Review: Transaction Clearing ETS, Low Cost Billing, Qwest

• Submitted: Wed, September 02, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, February 11, 2010

• Reported By: mad mother of 4 — Pueblo West Colorado USA
Transaction Clearing ETS, Low Cost Billing, Qwest
500 North Loop 1604 East Suite 250 or www.transactionclearing.com Internet United States of America

Transaction Clearing ETS - Low Cost Billing - Qwest - iTransView - iCSiCustomer Service processed non-ordered items onto land line phone bill Internet

*Consumer Comment: It Happened To Me In Arkansas

Transaction Clearing ETS is the processing company for the bogus voicemail company called Low Cost Billing. They process an $8.43 charge on the very back page of your phone bill and list it as other companies. When you try to contact them all numbers are disconnected or no longer in service and when I sent them an e-mail it was returned to my mailbox as undeliverable.

I have tried to contact Qwest regarding this charge and the person stated that this was something I had signed up for and all disputes had to be taken up with the charging company listed. I have a basic land line telephone service so that I can contact my kids or they can call for help in case of emergencies. I do not see why or how Qwest can allow these charges without verification by the account holder. Question- What is Qwests fees to these other companies for use of space on their billing statements? Free? I doubt it!

I can see how this scam can get by a majority of the public because how many people really look at their bills closely. [continued below]....

..... You just want to pay and get on with your life. I also can see where some might think this $8.43 fee is minimal, but that $8.43 can feed my 4 kids lunch at school and get an extra milk!

Census reports estimate the US population to hit 307,338,604 as of 9/2/09. Even if these companies bogusly charged 25% of the population, they still made a killing! 307,338,604 x 25% = 76,834,651 x $8.43 = $647,791,977.93!

How many families could get off welfare? How many kids could further their education and become beneficial working members of society when they had no previous way due to the cost? How many lives of the elderly, homeless, mentally challenged, unemployed, poverty stricken or just plain struggling working Americans could that amount of money affect in a positive way?

With everyone struggling these days to just put meal on the table, why is this type of issue still being allowed to go on? And when the criminals are caught, why doesn't the money go back to the people that it was originally taken from and not either the government or the lawyers?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2009 05:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Transaction-Clearing-ETS-Low-Cost-Billing-Qwest/internet/Transaction-Clearing-ETS-Low-Cost-Billing-Qwest-iTransView-iCSiCustomer-Service-488644. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Transaction Clearing ETS, Low Cost Billing, Qwest

It Happened To Me In Arkansas

AUTHOR: Steve - (United States of America)

I got hit with the $8.43 charge on my March 2010 A.T. & T. bill. I have just gone through the steps to have the charges removed. I have also complained to A.T.& T. because this is not the first time third party charges have been added to my bill without my consent. The companies contend it was done over the Internet, which is bogus. The phone companies say they are required by Feds to allow third party charges on the phone bill but I believe it is because the are paid by the companies to put these third party billings on the phone bills. They just blame the Feds.

Remenber, always check your phone bill for third party charges. It is to bad that we have to waste our time doing this.