Complaint Review: Transamerica Corporation

• Updated: Fri, April 26, 2013

• Reported By: Rhona S — New York New York
Transamerica Corporation
433 Edgewood Road NE, Cedar Rapids, Iowa United States of America

Transamerica Corporation Transamerica Investments, Transamerica Retirement, Transamerica, Transamerica Insurance Rip Off Cedar Rapids, Iowa

*UPDATE Employee: Consumer Affairs

I am so upset because my mom passed away approximately a year ago. She was 85 years old.At the time of her death, she had a TransAmerica life insurance policy. Her policy was in full force and effect, paid in full until the date of her death.TransAmerica cashed all the premium payment checks up until the date of my moms death.However, after she passed away, I as her daughter put in a timely claim. TransAmerica denied the claim. Without any notice, TransAmerica changed their mailing address and claimed that the last monthly payment was not received on time.

This last monthly payment which was mailed to the old address of Transamerica was even mailed timely and cashed by Trans America.  Afterall, this was the address my mom was sending the monthly payments to for the last 30+ years so TransAmerica did in fact receive the payment. Shouldnt they have sent a change of address notice in a certified letter to my mom?

Anyways, Once she realized the mailing address was changed all future payments were sent timely and all checks were cashed by TransAmerica.BUT, when my mom who was of 85 years old passed away after paying this policy for 30 + years TransAmerica refused to pay the claim even though the policy was in full force and effect at the time of her death. I have all the written proof to support the claim. I am so beside myself about this as TransAmerica is taking advantage of yet another policy holder.Is there anyone else that this happened to or is going through this same situation.  I am left with only many questions and no answers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 02:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Transamerica-Corporation/Cedar-Rapids-Iowa-52499/Transamerica-Corporation-Transamerica-Investments-Transamerica-Retirement-Transamerica-1045908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Transamerica Corporation

Consumer Affairs

AUTHOR: Consumer Affairs - ()

At Transamerica nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company's reputation.  We take pride in researching and responding to customer concerns.  If you would like for us to research your concerns, please forward your mothers information, such as name, address, phone number or policy/certificate number to us at custrel@aegonusa.com, by fax to 972-881-4072 or by mail to 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano TX 75075.