Complaint Review: Transamerica Insurance/Investment Co.

• Submitted: Tue, February 12, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, February 12, 2013

• Reported By: The Cautious One — Arlington Massachusetts United States of America
Transamerica Insurance/Investment Co.
454 Corporate Drive Lewisville, Texas United States of America

Transamerica Insurance/Investment Co. Worldwide Financial Group Transamerica Ripoff Recruiting New Sales Agents Lewisville, Texas

I was invited to a gathering of women by a "friend" whom I had met once in my dance class.  Never once did she tell me it was a sales and recruiting meeting in which I would be asked for my social security number and asked to pay $100.00 for the 'privilege' of listening to Jenny Li and her colleagues go on and on about financial matters with which I was not at all familiar.  Having just been laid off my job, of course I was most interested to find new employment and I believed, wrongly in retrospect, that the meeting was made up of women in similar circumstances to mine.

In fact, when I returned home, my husband informed me that he was familiar with the Transamerica Corporation and its tactics in building pyramidal schemes for the sole benefit of those Transamerica agents who needed to get as many individuals as possible under them, for the sole purpose of increasing their incomes and not those of the individuals who would be beneath them in the pyramid.  I immediately called the same evening and asked for a refund of my $100, it being about 10pm or later local time, hardly enough time for the credit card charge I had allowed to even be entered.

But, I was so wrong.  The charge had been processed almost immediately and the best they said they could do was issue a refund.  But as the weeks passed and excuse after excuse piled up it became clear that without significant pressure from an outside source or overseer agency, I would lose the money they had gotten from me under the sneakiest circumstances.  I continue to fight for what is fair and for what they promised me.  I write this in the hope that no other person will be tricked by this Transamerica Group as I have been.   Signed:

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2013 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Transamerica-InsuranceInvestment-Co/Lewisville-Texas-/Transamerica-InsuranceInvestment-Co-Worldwide-Financial-Group-Transamerica-Ripoff-Recrui-1013116. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Transamerica Insurance/Investment Co.