Complaint Review: Transcontinental Car USA Corp

• Updated: Mon, August 22, 2011

• Reported By: single parent — fort lauderdale United States of America
Transcontinental Car USA Corp
1309 w sunrise blvd fort lauderdale, Florida United States of America

Transcontinental Car USA Corp Misleading numbers game and took my money fort lauderdale, Florida

*Author of original report: #1 consumer

*Consumer Comment: Call The AG. They Need The Laughs!

*Author of original report: #1 consumer

*Consumer Comment: Same DUMB Story!

I went into the dealer to purchase a pickup Truck 2005 F150 unfortunately I had terrible credit and had to purchase at this buy here pay here dealer. I had met salesman Raphael who told me he would sell me the truck for 3500 down and payments in the high 4's for 42 months.
After filling out the buyer's order Raphael explained to me that he was going to put 7500 for a down payment to make it look better for his financing(numbers game).
So I put down my 3500 he raised the price of the truck reflecting the other 4000 included in the down payment for financing purposes he said.
After signing the contract he said when I bring back a letter from my insurance naming them as loss payee that I would get a copy of all paper work.
Upon returning with the letter I noticed the contract stated pending down payment of the 4 grand in multiple payments, so I immediately voiced my concerns to management and was told F**K you call the cops the deal is done. Now I am out of 3500 and soon no vehicle so please if they will take from poor financially challenged persons you are next if you pay them a visit.
Here are the numbers for my sale!!
2005 f150 (131,000 miles)
no power locks or windows
cost $18,900.00 What a Joke
Had car appraised wasn't worth $9,000.00

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2011 09:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Transcontinental-Car-USA-Corp/fort-lauderdale-Florida-33311/Transcontinental-Car-USA-Corp-Misleading-numbers-game-and-took-my-money-fort-lauderdale-767718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Transcontinental Car USA Corp

#1 consumer

AUTHOR: single parent - (United States of America)

And how was your input helpful again on this topic? I guess your life sucks just that much that you take the time Out of your pathetic life to provide negative feed back(but I need to grow up) Tell you what know it all, figure out how not to provide worthless comments Regarding other peoples problems. Can't do it can ya (loser) And apparently the AG didn't laugh they already have an active file on this company.

Call The AG. They Need The Laughs!

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

You bought a car on monthly payment which is obvious by you saying the price was so much down and so much per month.

You agreed with them to file a deceptive finance application.

You signed a contract without knowing what the h**l it contained.

You are all upset because now they have deceived you.

It can get pretty serious at times in the AG's office.  I'm sure you're report will give them a few minutes worth of laughs!

And in typical subprime thinking fashion, when somebody responds and you don't like what he says, "Oh, you must work for them!"

GROW UP and LEARN the fundamentals of being a smart consumer!

#1 consumer

AUTHOR: single parent - (United States of America)

It appears to me you may have some sort of relationship with this criminal enterprise Transcontinental, however I do take some responsibility for allowing myself to be in this situation, that being said that gives no right for a company doing buisiness with the public as a license dealer to ripp off consumers. I am simply getting the word out to other car shoppers to be aware of this criminal car lot that has atleast 2 locations as I know of (pompano bch of Dixie highway) so there will be an end to the deceptive practices. Oh yea I will definitely tap the attorney generals office about this place so your buddies days I am sure are numbered.

Same DUMB Story!

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

You said, in the time sequence of events that YOU AGREED to the dishonesty in the exact down payment amount.  You signed the contract attesting to this lie and then went off to get written proof of insurance changes.  According to you, upon returning with the proof, you then read the contract you signed and surprise, surprise, it contains something you never agreed to...the spreading out of the down payment amount.  Now you want to blame the dealer and you alledge dishonesty on their part.  Is that about the size of it?

1.  They demonstrated to you their full capability and willingness to be dishonest by committing fraud in the application.  Apparently their dishonesty did not make the slightest bit of concern to you.

2.  You signed the contract before you left for the insurance paperwork.  You identified the document as a "contract" but it is quite obvious you did not read what you were legally obligating yourself to.

3.  You returned with the paperwork and you then read the contract AFTER you legally obligated yourself to its stated terms and conditions.  They either changed the contract or it was there all the time.  In either instance, you wouldn't have the slightest clue because you didn't even read what you were signing!  Incredible!!!

YOU (who?)  YOU went along with their original deception and YOU failed to read what you were obligating yourself to BEFORE signing the contract.

The entity to blame in this sorry case is YOU.

I will never, ever understand how some of you people can do something so STUPID as signing contracts without having a clue what you're obligating yourself to, all for a dumb, stupid car!

Absolutely incredible!!!