determining

• Submitted: Wed, June 11, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 11, 2008

• Reported By:norman Oklahoma
Transcontinental Talent. Wilhelmina Scouting Agency
1701 Park Center Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Transcontinental Talent. Wilhelmina Scouting Agency Scam and decieve me with lies about modeling Orlando Florida

I was looking in the paper, found the open call for musicians, and models of all shapes and sizes, i thought why not maybe they will like how i sing, because I love to sing. My husband drove me to where they were having the open call, i sat through probably an hour long presentation where they preceded to give us all the scam of what they were all about. I totally bought into it because who doesn't like to think they can make it big in music or modeling. I even auditioned to them acapella in a seperate room my singing abilities and they "absolutely loved it" ! supposedly. A few days later i recieved a call stating that they wanted me to go to fashion rock, because they thought i had a very good chance of getting discovered, they also told me to take a demo cd to one of their music guys which i of course did. He listened to it and said he liked it but i never heard from him again either nor did i get my demo cd back. I am not fat but i do have some weight on me and never did i really think i would get a modeling career but i did however think maybe i might go somewhere with music. I did a phone interview with someone about going to fashion rock, and was totally dismayed to find out that i had to pay $800.00 over the phone just to register to go and then another $800.00 at a later point in time to finish the registration. Which i did, and agreed to a bank draft, for that amount. and that amount only, during that time i looked around for flights to florida where fashion rock was supposedly, going to take place, and they continued to take money out of my account. the total amount of money they took from me was about $3400.00 which happened to be my tax return for that previous year. I was so hurt and ashamed that i fell into this ploy, how could these people lead women to think they are the most beautiful people and that they possess the greatest talent they have ever seen, it's not funny and it's not cool, i was embarassed to come forward thinking i surely was the only one they had scammed until i began to read all the reports about other women who've been played by this company. It was really a hurtfull experience and never again will I fall victim to this kind of scam.

christina
norman, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2008 07:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Transcontinental-Talent-Wilhelmina-Scouting-Agency/Orlando-Florida/Transcontinental-Talent-Wilhelmina-Scouting-Agency-Scam-and-decieve-me-with-lies-about-mo-339444. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Transcontinental Talent. Wilhelmina Scouting Agency