Complaint Review: Transit USA dba US 1 Van Lines

• Submitted: Sun, September 19, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, September 19, 2004

• Reported By:Tampa Florida
Transit USA dba US 1 Van Lines
650 N.W. 105th Street Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Transit USA dba US 1 Van Lines moving ripoff overcharged $1000.00 destroyed belongings never paid or responded to repeated phone calls and letters Miami Florida

The company charged $1000.00 more than the estimated price claiming it was for the shipping supplies. Once in Florida, they just dumped everything in the middle of my living room promising that someone would come back and finish the job. They never did.

After about 50 phone conversations they told me to hire a carpenter to assemble the furniture back together and that they would pay for it. I did just that and sent them the bill a month ago and never heard from them again.

When I called them again I was told the manager got the letter and just did not feel like he had to respond. A lot of the furniture was broken, but since I also had an insurance, they told me not to send them anything because they will not pay since I had insurance. The insurance paid $250; the damage was about $1000.00.

This is the most criminal institution I have ever dealt with in my life. The supervisor of the crew in NY made me give him a $200 tip. Do not ever, ever hire US 1 Van Lines to do your move. They are the biggest crooks on this planet. Crooks, criminals

Joanna
Tampa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2004 07:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Transit-USA-dba-US-1-Van-Lines/Miami-Florida-33150/Transit-USA-dba-US-1-Van-Lines-moving-ripoff-overcharged-100000-destroyed-belongings-nev-109156. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Transit USA dba US 1 Van Lines