Complaint Review: Transmission America

• Updated: Fri, March 28, 2014

• Reported By: Jordan — Roanoke Virginia
Transmission America
3137 Franklin Rd SW Roanoke, Virginia USA

Transmission America WARNING: Tranmission America is Dishonest, Unprofessional, and SLOW Roanoke Virginia

I cannot say enough bad things about this transmission shop as I was forced by my auto insurance to have it towed here, I wish I had read the other reviews. Transmission America is: 1) Dishonest. They told me one quote and ended up changing it by $200 when I paid. They said it would take 1-2 weeks and it took over 3. Additionally, when I spoke to the mechanic, he mentioned that they had "broken" a part but that I would have to pay for it. When I tried to address that, they said, "It was going to break anyway and it's not our fault." Then, when I asked why they hadn't told me about the part they broke, the man at the front said he didn't know I needed that part until that day and said, "We didn't want to call you at 7 a.m. OK?" Very, very rude and dishonest. 2) Unprofessional. When I would call to ask about the status of my car, they were completely rude that I was concerned about the additional cost. They told me I had lied about the original estimate because, "they would never give a cost like that." 3) Sloppy. Though my car is holding up now, when I was communicating with them, they kept playing the blame game about why my car wasn't finished or why they couldn't get their mechanics to work on it. Please seek out a more reputable shop to take your car to.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2013 02:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Transmission-America/Roanoke-Virginia-24014/Transmission-America-WARNING-Tranmission-America-is-Dishonest-Unprofessional-and-SLOW-1104041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Transmission America