Complaint Review: Transmission Distribution Parts, Inc

• Updated: Tue, November 30, 2010

• Reported By: Marcus — Rusk Texas United States of America
Transmission Distribution Parts, Inc
2510 Evon Rd Saginaw, Michigan United States of America

Transmission Distribution Parts, Inc 20% Failure rate? Buy elswhere Saginaw, Michigan

I own a garage and specialize in powertrain and computer communications.  I sadly made the mistake of ordering a transmission from these people.  It arrived on time and they gladly took my money.  After installation, the customer brought it back at 92 miles on the odometer complaining of extremely hard shifts. After thoroughly checking it myself and coming to the conclusion that a blindfolded monkey could have done this, I sent it to a trans specialty shop and they confirmed my conclusion. After 150 miles it lost 2nd gear completely and the converter clutch stuck. It doesn't shift at all now. (192 miles).

It was bought March 15 2010.  I contacted Jeff Apr 14 and he assured me that another was on the way next day.. Two weeks later I called and he said Kevin in warranty would call on Tuesday... On Thursday I called and received same. November: They demand I pay shipping to and from (not). This is Dec 1 2010 and after 20-30 emails promising the world, they all of a sudden hit me with the "policy" that seems to be made up as they go along.  Never seen it; don't know.  They promised to send another (Apr 14,Apr20,Apr 27) - didn't.  Promised to send pre-paid bill of lading (Oct 26)- didn't.  Promised to schedule pick-up (Nov 5). - didn't.

Message this evening: "you're obviously not cooperating" ...???

I don't know if these two are scam artists or not but I know two things:

1) Kevin said they built 40 tranmissions a day and had a 20% failure rate - you do the math

2) They will ignore you, put you off, forget who you were, make childish excuses,and then blame their failure ON YOU.

I may loose a chunk of money, but I will also put my 2 cents in:  You would be just as well off to have your cousin, your daughter, or your pet hamster build one; for there is a one in five chance you are buying a shiny boat anchor and this isn't snap-on you're dealing with.

Good luck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2010 07:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Transmission-Distribution-Parts-Inc/Saginaw-Michigan-48601/Transmission-Distribution-Parts-Inc-20-Failure-rate-Buy-elswhere-Saginaw-Michigan-666829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Transmission Distribution Parts, Inc