Complaint Review: Transmission World

• Submitted: Mon, December 21, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, August 10, 2010

• Reported By: Jennifer — Knoxville Tennessee United States of America
Transmission World
113 Walker Springs Road Knoxville, TN. 37923 Internet, Tennessee United States of America

Transmission World Gaspar Lamonica Charged me three times the amount quoted without an authorization from me to do repairs and is holding my car hostage until I pay that bill. Internet, Tennessee

*Author of original report: Company resolved complaint to satisfaction

*Author of original report: Law suit filed against Transmission World

This company promised a free tow and estimate and quoted a $800.00 repair. When I said the $800.00 sounded fair he took my transmission a part and then told me it was $2500.00 because they ran into complications. I told them no way and that I was coming to pick up my car. They told me it would be $600.00 for taking my transmission apart and that I would have to pay for the towing. When I asked about the free inspection and tow they said that would only be free with a repair from them. They are holding my car hostage until I pay $2500.00. There are several complaints about this company online and the owner is not aloud to do business in the state of Hollywood, Florida for ripping people off. He uses the free tow and estimate to get cars in the shop and then does unauthorized repairs with using the last four of your social security number which is illegal. To do a repair over $250.00 they are supposed to get a written authorization from people in which they don't have from me. [continued below]....
..... They have held my car hostage for three months now. I have done a news report with Don Dare at Wate 6 TV that was aired on December 14th. I was also served a subpoena from his lawyer for slander and breach of contract because I am trying to let people know what he is doing to people. I have ran into several people out after the airing that was taking the same exact way by Gus Lamonica and are willing to go to court with me but my goal now is to stop him from ripping one more person off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2009 06:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Transmission-World/Internet-Tennessee-/Transmission-World-Gaspar-Lamonica-Charged-me-three-times-the-amount-quoted-without-an-aut-543334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Transmission World

Company resolved complaint to satisfaction

AUTHOR: Jeni - (United States of America)

This complaint was resolved to my satisfaction by the company and have no more complaints about this company.

Law suit filed against Transmission World

AUTHOR: Jeni - (United States of America)

I wanted to update this article to let everyone know that I still do not have my car back and I have hired an attorney to get it back and is scheduled for court on April 7th, 2010. I am suing for $24,999.