Complaint Review: Transnet Wireless

• Submitted: Tue, December 07, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, January 01, 2005

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Transnet Wireless
www.transnetwireless.com Plantation, Florida U.S.A.

Transnet Wireless Ripoff unethical greedy unscrupulous Plantation Florida

*Consumer Comment: Don't be an Idiot!

*Author of original report: was premature in passing judgment against the company

As an interested, potential distributor of pay-per-use Wi-Fi equipment, I too decided to invest in this business. But after sending the money to purchase (3) machines from Transnet Wireless recently, an uneasy feeling came over me just from working with people there and exchanging documentation with them.

Since something didn't feel right I diligently searched the internet and discovered this website and others telling horror stories about this company (its predecessor), service and equipment.

As a result, since I was still within my 45-day window for the equipment to ship (and I still am), I gave them written notice to terminate my distributorship completely. Upon talking with Rick Osario about a refund, he said the president, Brad Cartwright, was only willing to give me a partial refund on my 3rd machine (since I had already had locations ready for my other 2).

Granted, not every distributor can (or should) put the brakes on in midstream, and I fully expected a reduced refund due to this bad decision on my part. But the fact that I haven't received ANY equipment (and don't want it), and they can just sell mine to the next caller, just really showed me what type of operation they're running. A partial refund on just (1) machine out of (3) new machines that they haven't even sent me, really made me see the light.

Had they given me a decent refund, it would have said a lot about their company and their ethics. But obviously, that was not the case. Potential Wi-Fi equipment distributors beware of Transnet Wireless!

Taylor
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2004 09:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Transnet-Wireless/Plantation-Florida-33324/Transnet-Wireless-Ripoff-unethical-greedy-unscrupulous-Plantation-Florida-121773. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Transnet Wireless

Taylor,
Don't be an idiot! This company has operated under several different names, the most recent being Nationwide Cybersystems. They recently closed the operation in Hollywood, Fl and relocated down the road to Plantation. Take it from me, you will spend more in rent and phone service than the machines will take in, I know because I have 5 of them adorning my garage now. If you do a search for Nationwide Cybersystems on the Internet, you will find 2 reports from a local Miami station who followed up with consumers who purchased machines from these folks, in fact they all went to work for Transnet the next day after closing the Hollywood location, including the former president of the company, Paul Pemberton. The fact that they first were only willing to give you a partial refund should have told you something, yet you went ahead, all I can say is good luck when your machines constantly fail, you get no tech support, and end up pulling the machines from the locations because it is cheaper to disconnect them than to leave them running.

Taylor,

was premature in passing judgment against the company

AUTHOR: Taylor - (U.S.A.)

I feel obliged to say that I got "cold feet" about my transaction and was premature in passing judgment against the company. I have tried to remove my previous post but Ripoff Report won't let me. As I indicated in my earlier post, they had already finalized good locations for two of my three units, so there was no reason for the refund I requested. Since then I've finished my transaction and I'm satisfied so they definitely did not deserve the things I posted.