Complaint Review: Transouth Or Arcadia Financial

• Submitted: Tue, December 21, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, December 21, 2004

• Reported By:Virginia Beach Virginia
Transouth Or Arcadia Financial
South Hackensack, New Jersey U.S.A.

Transouth Or Arcadia Financial Bad Business ripoff South Hackensack New Jersey

I have sent in the payoff on my car through Transouth/Arcadia Financial. They claim to have received it on the 9th, and that my title would be mailed in 10 days. It's now the 21st and no title. I went through a royal runaround on the automated system until I got a person 25 minutes later!

This individual told me the title would be mailed on the 23rd but that I needed to speak with customer service about it if I wanted a letter of authorization in order to register and title my vehicle in my new state. I went through another nightmare getting customer service and was cutoff while on hold. I finally reach someone there who said it would be mailed on the 28th. I asked for an explanation and she said 10 "business" days. Hmmm 9th - 28th = 19 days minus 4 weekend days and 1 day for Christmas = 14 days. She said she'd send me a letter of authorization.

I went out and when I got back the letter was on my fax. It read "Transouth remains the lien holder of record and, as such, the title to the vehicle must be forwarded to Transouth"??! What!? I again called them and got Don. I insisted Don give me a supervisor and got Dave. Dave refuses to assist and says the title will be sent on the 28th and that I'm welcome to send them more money if I want it sent overnight on the 28th.

I have to register and title my vehicle and they are HOLDING my PAID IN FULL title. I have filed a BBB complaint, and I am forwarding that and this complaint, with a link to all the other complaints here to them.

Char
Virginia Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2004 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Transouth-Or-Arcadia-Financial/South-Hackensack-New-Jersey-07606-8021/Transouth-Or-Arcadia-Financial-Bad-Business-ripoff-South-Hackensack-New-Jersey-123929. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Transouth Or Arcadia Financial