Complaint Review: Transportation Security Administration TSA

• Submitted: Tue, October 25, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, October 25, 2005

• Reported By:apache junction Arizona
Transportation Security Administration TSA
LAX Airport Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

Transportation Security Administration TSA: Anybody has access to checked luggage at LAX - If you critizise their quality of you work you make yourself suspicious Los Angeles California

On 9/19/2005 I checked in at LAX (Los Angeles International Airport) and tried to complain about the fact that luggage that has already been checked is put onto a cart and pushed through the crowd in the hall while passengers (that does not exclude potential terrorists) have unlimited access to the bags.

I actually saw several people fumbling around with the checked luggage while someone was talking to the mexican guy who was trying to push the cart through the crowd. It takes a second to open a zipper and put a plastic explosive into a bag.

When I asked for a complaint form (after having soaked my feet with fungus on the TSA carpet) I was given a blank piece of paper and asked to put my name, address and flight number on it.

I explained that I did not feel safe on that flight anymore after having seen how TSA is organized. I thought that TSA wanted my name and address in order to inform me about improvements related to this matter. Instead, they only wanted this information to treat me as a potential terrorist: When I opened my suitcase on arrival, I found a letter in it saying:

"We are sorry that we had to break the lock on your suitcase - we are not liable." Until today I never received any response to my letter other than the one found in my suitcase. Really nice guys to deal with...

Steven
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2005 10:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Transportation-Security-Administration-TSA/Los-Angeles-California/Transportation-Security-Administration-TSA-Anybody-has-access-to-checked-luggage-at-LAX-162110. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Transportation Security Administration TSA

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC