Complaint Review: Transportation Security Administration

• Submitted: Fri, December 28, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, December 28, 2007

• Reported By:Benicia California
Transportation Security Administration
O'Hare Airport Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Transportation Security Administration Cologne Stolen Chicago Illinois

Not surprised to see others ripped off by TSA.

One of their staff stole two bottles of cologne at O'Hare earlier this month! I bought them at Heathrow, where they were already sealed, then placed and sealed for customs. They cleared security in London and in Chicago (as well as U.S. Customs), which was expected as they were under the size TSA deemed "dangerous" + they were sealed (way more secure than placing them in a ziploc bag! Who came up with that anti-terrorism idea?).

My flight into Chicago was delayed, leaving little time for the connection; with less than 30 minutes to spare my travelling companion and I were rushed (by airline staff) through the final security. I was pulled aside, my sealed duty-free bag ripped open, and was ordered to unwrap the sealed cologne. I sent my companion ahead to check on the flight; when I explained I had no time to retrace my steps and have the cologne loaded into the hold, it was put in envelopes for mailing!

I complained and the culprit got his "supervisor". Throughout this time the TSA employee held his arm across his name badge!

I raced ahead to check on my companion, discovered the flight was delayed, so returned to have my property returned so I could exit and check in a backpack with the Paul Smith and Burberry "weapons". The supervisor (the TSA cologne collector was still there, covering his name) said they couldn't return them as I'd voluntarilly given them up! They were still sitting on the thief's desk, in plain view! I pointed this out, reminded them that I was exercising an option he'd offered me, but the supervisor said a TSA employee had been fired two weeks earlier for the same thing!

I understand TSA staff are underpaid and can't afford quality colognes, but this is unexcuasble. Give the supervisor credit (and he DID tell me his name), he did give me a complaint form but there is no address or instructions for filing. I went on-line, filed a report; three weeks later there has been no response.

All I want is two bottles of cologne returned!

Benicia, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2007 07:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Transportation-Security-Administration/Chicago-Illinois/Transportation-Security-Administration-Cologne-Stolen-Chicago-Illinois-295334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Transportation Security Administration