Complaint Review: Transuion, Equifax, And Experian

• Submitted: Tue, December 14, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, February 22, 2005

• Reported By:Tega Cay South Carolina
Transuion, Equifax, And Experian
Equifax P.O. Box 740256 Atlanta, Gorgia U.S.A.

Transuion, Equifax, And Experian False Reporting of Credit Information on a Credit Report Caused Numerous Credit Denials Atlanta Gorgia Allen Texas Chester Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Very Good Advise Joe. I know this as a fact... My IRS lien has "expired" under the 10 year rule.

*Consumer Comment: Debts are still "unpaid" after Bankruptcy

The 3 major credit reporting bureaus are reporting MAJOR mistakes on mine and my husband's credit reports. Although we had a bankruptcy in 1998 (due to wife's back disability) they are showing several accounts as not paid off and CHARGED OFF, all of which is NOT TRUE!!! They are also showing that we had a 2nd home equity loan (which we SUCCESSFULLY PAID OFF and was in the amount of $40,000) as a PART OF OUR BANKRUPTCY FILING! These are all MAJOR MISTAKES and even though we have filed disputes and the bureaus are required BY LAW to respond to us in 30 days, they have continued to IGNORE US TO DATE. In the meantime, we can acquire no credit because of all the UNTRUE and NEGATIVE INFORMATION contained on our reports.

Damage Resulting...

My husband works for USAirways and just took a $800.00 per month paycut. I (wife) have opened a NEW successful business (on a shoestring budget) and desperately needed to acquire additional FUNDING to stay AFLOAT in my business. Because of these companies BLATANT MISTAKES, I cannot move forward in my business. They should NOT be allowed to get away with this.

Kay
Tega Cay, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2004 08:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Transuion-Equifax-And-Experian/Atlanta-Gorgia/Transuion-Equifax-And-Experian-False-Reporting-of-Credit-Information-on-a-Credit-Report-122906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Transuion, Equifax, And Experian

AUTHOR: Billie Jo - (U.S.A.)

Joe is right .... I know this as a fact...
My IRS lien has "expired" under the 10 year rule.

( Statue of limitations ) BUT.... The lien will always show up on the reports.

INDEFINATELY !! Simply because
the Lien was never "PAID" . Not sure if this is the same thing as a morgage loan or Charged off
credit cards ? But I do know that some of these files can remain for many years , due to the fact they were never paid on -- in full.

as Joe advises... talk with your bankruptsy
attorney..

Good Luck..
Also , wanted to just say , I learned today , that once the time limits are up ( statue of limitations) Even tho they are still sitting on your reports... It doesn't effect your Credit scoring any longer.. ( 300 -- 850 )The way it was explained to me , is that it becomes "inactive" -- but can still be seen .

Hope this helps alittle. I was pissed off to , to learn after a judgement that was held over my head for 10 years... can continue to be held over me !! But , as I was told... Not sure how true it is ... most companies only look at your SCORE .. ?

Debts are still "unpaid" after Bankruptcy

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

When you file bankruptcy and your debts are sucessfully discharged it does NOT paid them off but your personal obligation to pay them is discharged and they can no longer take actions (suits, letters, phone calls, etc.) to collect the debt. The debts are not paid off so the reports are correct. It might be that the credit reporting agencies will modify the listing to report the debts as "Discharged in Bankruptcy" but they will not report the debts as being paid when they were not paid. As to the fact that they creditors did an accounting actions and charged off the accounts, that is also factually TRUE. If you disagree, consult your Discharge in Banktuptcy and/or your Bankruptcy Attorney.

reaching