Complaint Review: Transunion Credit Report

• Updated: Tue, August 05, 2014

• Reported By: Jay — Springfield Oregon
Transunion Credit Report
Nationwide USA

Transunion Credit Report Ordinary American Consumer Chicago, Illinois Nationwide

I logged on to the Transunion Web site to get my free credit report. They offered my credit score for $1.00 payable by credit card only.

They obligated me to join a credit monitoring scheme for $18. oo per month indefinitely.  They failed to disclose this auto enrollment that will occur in 7 days automatically unless I canceled specifically.

I independently discovered the fees in reviewing my credit card statements next month.  I called the company and was put into a hard pressure sales tactic by 'Henry'.  He refused to cancel the subscription even after I told him repeatedly NO! for over twenty instances.  Finally he relented and pretended like he did me a big favor and personal exception.

Equifax and Experian do not do a similar scam or credit card bait and switch.  I do not trust Transunion and am apalled that they are the monitor for personal credit scores.

Transunion is an extortion racket.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2014 04:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Transunion-Credit-Report-/nationwide/Transunion-Credit-Report-Ordinary-American-Consumer-Chicago-Illinois-Nationwide-1167645. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Transunion Credit Report