Complaint Review: Transunion

Transunion
P.O. Box 6790 Fullerton, California 92834 Nationwide United States of America

Transunion Deliberately make it difficult to cancel Internet, Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: CALL CREDIT CARD COMPANY to CREDIT CHARGE Immediately

So you can get a free credit "score" (in addition to the free credit "report") from these guys if you sign up for a free trial of their credit reporting whatever.  This trial is only three days, a pretty much useless amount of time that is deliberately short because they are going to try and screw you out of being able to cancel in time.

You can't cancel via website or email or iOS app (the ways you use their software, signup, or anything else).  You have to call an 800 number.  Some people have had a hard time just finding this number; when you go to their website it is very hard to locate there.  I was lucky to notice it in one of my earlier emails from them and use that number right away.  The number that works is 1-800-493-2392.

They have limited business hours (surprise!), I got through no problem and talked to an agent, but here's the problem I had: they ask for a ridiculous amount of personal information over the phone.  I guess they assume that because they're a big deal that they can do whatever they want.  When I first came on the phone they asked for my order # or full social security number.  When I said I wanted to cancel, rather than having me, say, confirm PART of something in my file, they asked for my full name and address.  If you combined this with social security number, this is a lot of information to just hand out over the phone, which makes it all the more ridiculous not to have cancellation options available through other means besides phone calls.  When I refused to give them this information, they told me they could not cancel my account without that information (yes they can, because when I hung up on them they immediately did it, and I got an automated email to that effect).

So basically, they are just setting up a lot of barriers to keep you from cancelling the automatic charge.  They assume that because they're a big business, people will trust them so they can catch a lot of suckers, and there's nothing anybody can do about it because nobody will believe them anyway.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2012 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Transunion/nationwide/Transunion-Deliberately-make-it-difficult-to-cancel-Internet-Nationwide-932792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Transunion

CALL CREDIT CARD COMPANY to CREDIT CHARGE Immediately

AUTHOR: DomainMonster_Victim - (United States of America)

This is not to be construed as legal advice.

If you try calling your credit card company immediately to dispute the charge, they might be able to credit it. Explain, as you suggested, you have TRIED contacting Transunion to cancel/dispute the chard, to no avail.

Hope this helps. Good luck.