Complaint Review: Transworld, Advanced Moving Sysyems

• Submitted: Tue, January 21, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, January 22, 2003

• Reported By:Rochester New York
Transworld, Advanced Moving Sysyems
4582 Hiatus Rd. Sunrise, Florida U.S.A.

Transworld, Advanced Moving Systems moving scam rip-off left me with nothing Sunrise Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact Rep. Thomas Petri

On Dec 31 2002, I was ripped of by Transworld moving and Advanced moving systems out of Sunrise FL. I was given an original setimate of $1936.00 for 3600 lbs. After they loaded my things onto the the truck the price went up to $3996.00 We gave them a $2000.00 check down and it was agreed that the rest would be paid upon delivery. My delivery never came.

I have contacted every Federal and State agency you can possibly think of. No one was willing to help me. I decided to pay the company the remainder of the money that they were demanding from me in hopes that they would do the right thing and give me my belongings. I had to drive from NY to NJ to pick up my things.

When I got to the wherehouse in NJ, I was astounded and in tears. All of my precious things were destroyed and everthing that was worth a lot of money was missing. Priceless items such as photos of my fire fighting career in CA, and infancy, family heirlooms, all gone. I am tring to go national with this matter because far to many people are still being riped off and nothing is being done about it.

I want to be the one to make the difference, and I am willing to go to almost any extent to do it.

Rochester, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2003 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Transworld-Advanced-Moving-Sysyems/Sunrise-Florida-33351/Transworld-Advanced-Moving-Systems-moving-scam-rip-off-left-me-with-nothing-Sunrise-Flori-42300. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Transworld, Advanced Moving Sysyems

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Contact Rep. Thomas Petri

AUTHOR: Kay - (U.S.A.)

You should contact Thomas Petri in the United States House of Representatives.
He is SUPPOSEDLY working on legislation that will stop scam movers. This crap shouldn't happen to anybody.

Rep. Thomas Petri Chairman Subcommittee on Highways & Transit
U.S. House of Representatives
B-370A Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
Toll Free 800/242-4883

here are some others you might want to contact as well:
Joe Harrison