Complaint Review: TravRes

• Reported By: Cyberg — Rothbury Michigan
TravRes
Internet USA

TravRes Are you kidding me? For the service provided? Internet

In need of a quick change to travel plans I went to the web, and thought that I had made a reservation (directly) with the Sheraton at Bradley Airport in Hartford. I got an email confimation and never looked at it directly, seeing it in the In-Box was all the confirmation I needed, or so I thought.

When I got to the hotel, they had trouble finding my reservation. Then I was told, "oh, it came through Expedia" OK fine I thought, as long as I've got a room it's all good.

When I went to check out in the AM, and needing to catch an early flight, I went to the desk since there was no bill slipped below the door in the morning as usual. More confusion at the desk, but then OK we'll run your bill against your card and off you go. $121

a week later when reviewing my credit card statement I see anoher charge for $151, and another fee for RommStays.com for 9.95.

Follwing up with my credit card company I get  anumber for TravRes and when you call it you get the robot answer that offer various questions you may have, but most of the options tell you to go to their website, which they do not give in the message, and then it says "Thank You, goodbye"

It took 7 tries before I got a human and then was told that they couldn't reconcile with the hotel because no one was there to approve it. I called the hotel, got them to credit my account for what they charged, but went back to TravRes to get them to explain why I should pay them another $30 with an additional 9.95 fee on top of that. "you are paying for the service" I was told. "really, what service was that? The one where you cannot communicate with the hotel you are booking me for? or the service where I can spend an hour trying to reach a human to speak to, or maybe it's the service that I spent another hour trying to get you to take an action at all?"

These predators are bad news, If anyone discovers where they actually reside please let us know, I would truly love to have a face to face converstion with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2013 10:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TravRes/internet/TravRes-Are-you-kidding-me-For-the-service-provided-Internet-1049865. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TravRes