Complaint Review: Travel Advantage CT

• Updated: Fri, September 19, 2008

• Reported By:East Bernstadt Kentucky
Travel Advantage CT
Westerville, Connecticut U.S.A.

Travel Advantage CT Travel Advantage associated with Budget car rental. SCAM! Westerville Connecticut

I am aware of many scams out there and swore that I would never be tricked into anything. I rented a car from Budget and was placed on hold, transferred to a department for verification. I confirmed my reservation and then was offered a $40.00 gift card. I asked bluntly "what's the catch?" he assured me I would be billed nly $1.00. (if it sounds too good to be true it probably is) I just explained to him I do not wish for anything to be taken out of my account automatically I do not make purchases without having something in writting. I refused, thanked the man for the offer and simply hung up.

When I got my bank statements the following month I was charged $1.00 I was livid. I will not tolerate someone stealing from me! I called right away and was assured that it would not happen again. I didn't notice anything for a couple of months. After I had forgotten about it they hit my account again. I was charge $14.99 a month for the next 5 months without a notice. They couldn't verify my personal information they couldn't tell me anything about my membership. They put the blame on Budget and Budget reversed the blame. I am furious and I want my money back. Of coarse they told me to request a refund in writting and my membership will be cancelled.

East Bernstadt, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2008 09:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travel-Advantage-CT/Westerville-Connecticut-43081/Travel-Advantage-CT-Travel-Advantage-associated-with-Budget-car-rental-SCAM-Westerville-374332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travel Advantage CT