drunk

• Submitted: Thu, March 22, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, May 08, 2009

• Reported By:Columbus Ohio
Travel Advantage Network/Sunshine Vacations
304 Cramer Creek Ct Dublin, Ohio U.S.A.

Travel Advantage Network/Sunshine Vacations contest is a scam ,don't know about vacations yet Dublin Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Research

I also entered a contest to win a car. I received a phone call that I had won $500 and a 3 day vacation of my choice. I went in with my college-student daughter, and ended up buying her and her brother a 5-year student vacation package to share. In and of itself, it wasn't too expensive, and they haven't used it, so I don't know whether or not that part of it was a scam.

I went on line to engage in my $500 shopping spree, didn't find much of anything I needed or wanted, and was so amazed at the cost of shipping and handling that I didn't buy the things I thought I wanted. I recently bought equivalent yard lights at Lowe's for less than the cost of the shipping and handling of the ones I might have won had this been a legitimate conest.

About 4 months prior to my year-in-which-to-take-advantage-of-my-free-3-day-vacation being completed, I attempted to arrange my free vacation. It literally took Sunshine Vacations 2 months to respond to each form I sent them, and then they refused to grant me my vacation because "I" hadn't followed the rules in arranging the "vacation" 2 months prior to my one-year time limit.

In my view, I followed their rules because I started trying to arrange it at 8 months and they broke their agreement by stalling - for 4 months! - until my time limit had expired.

Celia
Columbus, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2007 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travel-Advantage-NetworkSunshine-Vacations/Dublin-Ohio-43017/Travel-Advantage-NetworkSunshine-Vacations-contest-is-a-scam-dont-know-about-vacations-240262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travel Advantage Network/Sunshine Vacations

Research

AUTHOR: Peglyn - (U.S.A.)

Just remember to look at the date of the complaint in the ripoff reports. I researched the company and found out that they are registered with the BBB ( Better Business Bureau.) The BBB has given them a recent rating of B-.
Out of the 26 complaints they've received in the last three years, the BBB has reported that the company, (Sunshine Vacations) resolved all 26 complaints.
Make sure you look at a company's age and size when reading a report and also the year the complaint was made. Also check different websites and the BBB report to research the company in question. On the other hand, I don't know that I would be too happy with a company that takes over a year to get a free vacation scheuled and then they tell you you can't take it.
On the other hand, Sunshine Vacations has only been in business since 2004. A young company is going to have issues until they get their feet wet and get some experience behind them. Be careful of any young company.