Complaint Review: Travel Agent Direct - Floridaway - Prism

• Submitted: Mon, January 29, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, January 29, 2007

• Reported By:bonita California
Travel Agent Direct - Floridaway - Prism
2655 Ulmerton Road Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Travel Agent Direct - Floridaway - Prism invasion of my privacy, dishonest with information, ruthless with innocent people, scam artist, ripoff Largo Florida

I WAS FOOLED JUST LIKE ALL OTHER REPORTS. I WAS CONNED OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT NUMBER.

I WAS DRIVING MY CAR WHEN I RECIEVED A CALL ON MY CELL PHONE FROM TRAVEL AGENT DIRECT. I WAS TOLD THAT I WOULD RECIEVE A $500 TRAVEL PACKAGE INLCUDING AIR FARE AND HOTEL WITH NO OBLIGATION.

THE MEMBERSHIP FEE WAS 19.99 A MONTH IF I CHOSE TO STAY BUT REGARDLESS THE 500.00 WAS GUARANTEED. OF COURSE I QUESTIONED SAYING NOTHING IS FOR FREE AND HOW DID THEY GET MY NUMER. LIKE THE OTHER REPORTS THE LADY SPOKE SO FAST AND THE MANAGER GOT ON THE PHONE WHEN I STARTED TO ACT UNINTERESTED. HE WAS VERY CONFINCING AND I FELL FOR THE SCAM.

BEFORE HANGING UP I ASKED FOR THE WEB ADDRESS AND THEY TOLD ME WWW.TRAVELAGENTDIRECT.COM. I IMMEDIATELY LOOKED IT UP WHEN I GOT HOME AND WAS SHOCKED TO SEE IT ON RIPP OFF REPORTS. I SHOULD HAVE WENT WITH MY INSTINCTS BUT DIDN'T.

I IMMEDIATELY CLOSED MY BANK ACCOUNT THE FOLLOWING MORNING. I RECEIEVED THERE STUPID PACKAGE AND CALLED THE NUMBER TO TELL THEM I AM NOT INTERSTED. IT WAS AN AUTOMATED MACHINE AND IN ORDER FOR ME TO PROCEED I HAD TO GIVE MY CHECKING ACCOUNT NUMER. I HUNG UP AND CALLED THE NUMBERON MY CELL PHONE AND SPOKE WITH A RUDE MAN. AFTER GIVING HIM A PIECE OF MY MIND HE TOLD ME THAT I HAD BEEN SCAMMED WILL BE BILLED AND HUNG UP. HOPEFULLY I GOT THE LAST LAUGH MY BANK ACCOUNT was CLOSEd before they could take any money.

Cathy
bonita, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2007 09:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travel-Agent-Direct-Floridaway-Prism/Largo-Florida-33762/Travel-Agent-Direct-Floridaway-Prism-invasion-of-my-privacy-dishonest-with-informatio-233431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travel Agent Direct - Floridaway - Prism