Complaint Review: Travel Agent Network, Guardian Marketing

• Submitted: Tue, November 16, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, November 16, 2004

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
Travel Agent Network, Guardian Marketing
696 1st Ave. North Suite 200 St. Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

Travel Agent Network, Guardian Marketing ripoff, fradulent, billing St. Petersburg, Daytona Florida

I was contacted about a free 14 day trial for the Travel Agent Network and was promised a 5 day 4 night trip to a choice of destinations that was mine to keep whether I wanted to keep the membership or not. I was told that I could cancel within the 14 days and my account would not be billed. I was billed before I even received the package, and when I called the number to get my money back, I was not only unable to get a live voice, but I also did not get my money back. This money being unexpectedly taken out of my account caused my account to go into the negative and as a result, I have several NSF fees accrued on my account. I contacted my bank after this first charge of $149 was taken out, and they told me to just watch my account. Today, when I checked my account, I noticed that my account had again been debited for $59.95 from Guardian Marketing Capital. I have contacted my bank again and am awaiting a response. I have learned a valuable lesson though about telemarketers and free trials. Too good to be true.

Angelica
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2004 03:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travel-Agent-Network-Guardian-Marketing/St-Petersburg-Florida-33701/Travel-Agent-Network-Guardian-Marketing-ripoff-fradulent-billing-St-Petersburg-Dayton-118227. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travel Agent Network, Guardian Marketing