Complaint Review: Travel Agents Direct

• Updated: Thu, December 14, 2006

• Reported By:wakefield Massachusetts
Travel Agents Direct
, Florida U.S.A.

Travel Agents Direct ripoff These people are nothing but scammers Tried to get my checking account info Florida

*Author of original report: Travel Agents Direct ripoff These people are nothing but scammers Tried to get my checking account info

I got a call from # 727-683-1119 tonight, the caller ID said it the name was Florida. A woman said I had won free vouchers for a 100 $ worth of gas and 400 $ of air fair. She said she would send the package out to me with my vouchers for a 2 week trial, after that it would be 19.95 a month. I told her I was not interested but she persisted very hard for me to listen to her. She ask to verify my info and asked the name of my bank I gave it to her, she then asked me to get a check from that bank and she asked if the numbers in the bottom left read the routing # she had for the bank. It was but I told her they were not and she said oh that's funny it should be that, well ok i can still verify you, she told me to read off the numbers just to the right of those numbers (those being the acct number). That's when i hung upon her. I called the number back and got a man that answered,,he used my name, it dawned on me my name was on his caller id. I told him he was a scam and i was going to report him. He said go right ahead. I explained the sleazy way they tried to get my acct info, He said there's no law against that,. I gave him a few choice words and he asked me what my acct number was, i hung up. As soon as they asked formy acct info i knew it was a scam. They were very sly about it, asking small questions at a time, not asking for to much at atime and talking about the prizes and such to distract you.

Dave
wakefield, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2006 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travel-Agents-Direct/Florida/Travel-Agents-Direct-ripoff-These-people-are-nothing-but-scammers-Tried-to-get-my-checking-225438. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travel Agents Direct

AUTHOR: Dave - (U.S.A.)

I also wanted to add they said i had won these vouches because i had bought something with my bank acct online. Then they said they got my info from a list, nothing they said made any sense to me. Also when i asked why they needed my acct info at this point, they said to verify i had a valued acct. I said i would like to review the package and then if i was not interested i would just do nothing, calling to cancel and so forth, since i did win the vouches and she said those were mine no matter what. She still insisted that they could not send the vouches without know if i had a valued acct. They try to keep you on the phone as long as they can, the longer a scammer keeps you on the phone the better the chance they can hook you. If you get a call like this,do yourself a favor, just hang up, the only thing you'll be missing is a lot of bull and not the money in your account.