• Report: #207674

• Submitted: Thu, August 24, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, August 24, 2006

• Reported By:Woodbidge New Jersey
Travel Agents Direct
2655 Ulmerton Road Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Travel Agents Direct, Florida Dream Escape, Floridaway, Prism Communications, Distinct Advantage, Freedom Gold, Suntasia Marketing ripoff - scam- took money from my checking account without product, service, Phising, Possible Identity Theft, Sold my info to numerous other marketers Largo Florida

Where to begin. On 8/4/06 I received a call from a very nice young lady. She advised me because I paid one of my bills over the phone using a check, through one of their afflicates, I was chosen to look over some information, and would receive 4 airline vouchers, and a 6 day 5 night Orlando Vacation for using one of their partners. She advised if I did not call after I receive the package, I would be billed $149.00. Ok, she said the call was recorded - so I kept saying over and over again....You will not bill me correct? She said yes. I said I do not want to be billed for anything! She said yes just call when us when you get the envelope. I asked how long it takes- she said about 5-8 business days. I asked what it would look like. She said it would have a big cruise ship on the front. I keep repeating over and over, that I will take whatever they are offering for FREE, however they are not to bill me, and I will call as soon as I receive this in the mail. I called 6 Business days later, advise them no letter. They asured me I would not be billed because I had no yet received the info. I said, nevermind it, just cancel it now. They advised I would have to wait until I received it. 2 days later I call again - they say the same thing. Mext day, MY CHECKING ACCOUNT WAS MINUS $149!! I call the # right away, they say I will have to write a letter asking for my funds back- no email, no fax. It todays day and age?? How did they have my banking information in the first place? She said are you still with Commerce Bank...? I said yes. BAD MOVE. They must have aleady had this my bank account # and routing #?? And that was all the missing info they needed. Every since that charge was taken out of my account, and even more than usual am being inidated w/ telemarters, and now even calling me at work!!

This site was very helpful to me- took me how they do it- use Vericheck. Told me who to write my letter to and everything. Thank you rip off report !!! I am now calling the BBB.

Woodbidge, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2006 09:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travel-Agents-Direct/Largo-Florida-33762/Travel-Agents-Direct-Florida-Dream-Escape-Floridaway-Prism-Communications-Distinct-Adv-207674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travel Agents Direct