Complaint Review: Travel Agents Direct

• Submitted: Fri, September 29, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, September 29, 2006

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
Travel Agents Direct
8751 Ulmerton Road Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Travel Agents Direct ripoff St. Petersburg Florida

I received a missed call today Sept. 29 2006 @10:24am, so I called it back (dumb me) @11:43am spoke to some guy on the phone for about a minute and five seconds. First of all he knew my name. He Mentioned he was from Travel Agents Direct from St. Petersburg, Florida but the wise guy did not give me his name and I didn't ask for it, like he would have given his real name right.

He proceeded, "Your Melissa right"? I said, yes. He says he's calling because, I had won a free package of travel airline tickets and a vacation because I had recently purchased something using my bank account and that's how they got a hold of me by my purchase through some other affiliate .

now right there something didn't sound right but he asked which bank I banked with and I said it, my bank name Frost bank, now here is where he asked me for my account number so I listened on then he says that they need to verify my account number just like stores do at the check-out stand, like the grocery store does when it scans your check with the machine as it checks your routing number, .

now I knew for sure this was totally wrong big red flag flashing in my head says you know what this is a scam, so I tell the guy you know what? if I have to give you my information to get something "free", then I'd rather lose it I don't want anything if I have to give you my account number or information. I said I'm not going to give you that information forget it, then he says okay and we hang up.

I really hope that me giving my bank name wasn't enough for me to get scammed but from what I've read in some of the previous reports it might just be, I'm gonna check with my bank and try to catch them on this end first but who knows I will keep in this site informed if anything new arises. This is really incredible this is a horror a real nightmare I really really hope it's not too late for me. And I'm sincerely hoping I've helped someone else as well before it's too late

People BEWARE!!!

Melissa
San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2006 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travel-Agents-Direct/Largo-Florida-33771/Travel-Agents-Direct-ripoff-St-Petersburg-Florida-213372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travel Agents Direct