Complaint Review: Travel Agents Direct

• Submitted: Tue, December 12, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, December 12, 2006

• Reported By:Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Travel Agents Direct
travelagentsdirect Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Travel Agents Direct Phone scam for bank information - Free travel vouchers ripoff Philadelphia Pennsylvania

I received a call today from an unknown number. I have noticed about five missed calls from this same number over the past week and was curious because they never left a message. When I answered the phone the woman told me that I had won travel vouchers for both airfare and hotel for up to four people. This reward was due to a purchase that I had made with my checking account, but she could not tell me what the purchase was.

I became suspicious when she started asking me for my routing number and bank account number. Why would she need those? So, beware. Someone is trying to scam money by offering free travel vouchers. Don't ever give out your bank info over the phone.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2006 07:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travel-Agents-Direct/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania/Travel-Agents-Direct-Phone-scam-for-bank-information-Free-travel-vouchers-ripoff-Philade-224919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travel Agents Direct