Complaint Review: Travel Agents Direct

• Submitted: Mon, October 30, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, October 31, 2006

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
Travel Agents Direct
travelagentsdirect.com Ulmerton, Florida U.S.A.

Travel Agents Direct Thanks For The HEADS UP (I WAS SAVED!) Thank you Rip-Off Report Community Lmerton Florida

I am so happy to have easily found this website with all the great info you have about Travel Agents Direct scams. As a matter of fact, I received a call from them today giving me the same schpill they gave everyone else about how I've won some free travel and hotel vouchers and all I have to do is pay $1.95 to send the voucher to me by special delivery.

The telemarketer whom I was speaking with was talking so fast, I had to ask him to repeat himself several time. But once I got wind of what he was saying and that he had my checking account routing number, I starting acting fast. While he was talking I type their company name in Google and up came the Rip-Off Report. Just at that time the young man speaking to me said "you can go to our website and check us out".

I stated that I was checking them out, but unfortunately it wasn't on their website. I told him to delete my information from their databank and DO NOT SEND me anything, and don't touch my checking account.

I am thankful for the rip-off report being right there when I needed it. I had my tangle with rip off artist once before and it nearly cost me my checking account. I received a check for approximately $3500, stating that I had won some sweepstakes off the internet and to deposit the check and send them back an amount of $500 or so because the actual amount I had won was $70,000 and they needed the $500 to set up an trust account to wire the money to for me. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2006 04:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travel-Agents-Direct/Ulmerton-Florida-33771/Travel-Agents-Direct-Thanks-For-The-HEADS-UP-I-WAS-SAVED-Thank-you-Rip-Off-Report-Commu-218355. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travel Agents Direct