Complaint Review: Travel Agents Direct

• Submitted: Sun, December 10, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, December 10, 2006

• Reported By:Union New Jersey
Travel Agents Direct
8751 Ulmerton Road Ulmerton, Florida U.S.A.

Travel Agents Direct Attempted to retrieve my bank account information Ulmerton Florida

Much like the woman who reported this company before me, I, too, was nearly tricked into providing my bank account information.

I was contacted twice: Once on Dec. 8 at 1:47pm. Luckily for me, I didn't answer the phone that day. When my second call came in on Dec. 9 at 11:39 am, I accepted thinking it may have been a friend or relative.

The representative comes on the line and says I was selected to receive a travel certificate worth $600 to the Orlando area for recently making a purchase through one of their affiliates with my checking account. I immediately asked what company this purchase was made to but his response was, "we are not provided that information. We simply are told that you made a purchase through one of our affiliate companies and as a result of said purchase, are told to contact the customer to offer bonus features". Being I haven't made any purchases through this account in over 5 months, I knew something was wrong. He then goes on to ask what banks I have a checking account with. I told him two banks, BOA & Wachovia. He claimed to show both in his system. He then asked if both were checking and I stated that only one was. I was then asked where my account was opened to verify the routing number - I told him the wrong state and he said, "that's correct". Then, I really knew something was wrong...

The representative continually repeats to me that I'm not going to be asked to buy anything at any time during the call - this, I also found to be peculiar. He continued to tell me about the Travel Package that his company offered and informed me I would be on a 14 day trial basis. Immediately after, he said that in order to send me the packet, I must confirm my checking account number with him. At the time, I was driving, and informed the rep I had no such info on me. He was persistent and tried to get me to contact my bank on a three way conference call and I refused. I informed him I didn't feel comfortable with the conversation and felt this was a scam call to get me to provide my information. I also stated that I didn't feel comfortable providing such private information. At that point, the representative hung up on me.

I really hope no one has fallen for this act and given these people their account information.

Union, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2006 01:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travel-Agents-Direct/Ulmerton-Florida-337711/Travel-Agents-Direct-Attempted-to-retrieve-my-bank-account-information-Ulmerton-Florida-224579. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travel Agents Direct