knees

• Reported By: Emax — Parowan Utah United States of America
Travel America
Interstate 15 Parowan, Utah United States of America

Travel America Bait and swap Parowan, Utah

Travel America (TA) truck stops are well acknowledged as a general rip-off operation.  Here in Southern Utah, they are staffed with barely-breathing individuals.
This complaint does not address their general unsavory approach to commerce, but rather a rather obvious "bait and swap" operation with electronic cigarettes.  Perhaps this occurs elsewhere.
I am a lung cancer patient (my own damned fault) who has been spared, for the time being, by surgery and chemotherapy.  I MUST break my 50-year smoking habit.  Having tried several popular methods, I tried e-cigarettes.  They seem to satisfy my need.
The only local supplier of these is the TA truck stop on interstate 15 in Parowan, UT.  I started buying them there a few months ago.  I believe Mistik was the trade name then.  Since then, on a regular basis, the "brand" (they're all made in the same Chinese factory) has been changed - each successive one mechanically incompatible with the last.  This means that one must regularly purchase the entire (expensive) "kit" rather than just the refills.  I have now been through five different "brands" and have a box full of useless hardware.  I am SURE that these brand swaps are intentional - in order to generate higher profits due to the incompatibility issue.
My cancer is my own doing - I accept that - but this additional thwart to helping myself is a transparent  scam that should be addressed in some way.  I'll bet that there are many truck drivers that have noticed the same problem.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2012 08:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travel-America/Parowan-Utah-84761/Travel-America-Bait-and-swap-Parowan-Utah-914873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travel America