Complaint Review: Travel Around the World

Travel Around the World
5406 West 1100 North # 523 Highland, Utah United States of America

Travel Around the World TATW Scam artists and extortionists Highland, Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

We purchased a timeshare at the Grand Mayan and "traded in" our other timeshares because we did not want the continued rising maintenance fees.

The contracts we signed stated a cost of $655/property for each transfer.  We had 2 contracts, one for a Raintree property and another for our 3 Shell properties that were supposed to be treated as one for these purposes..  When contacted by Laurie at Travel Around the World, the price to transfer the properties increased two-fold and we were told that each property would be handled separately...4 transfers vs. 2.

When I balked at that, she then offered to "sell me back" my properties for $13,000!  Why would I buy them back when I didn't want to keep them in the first place?  She then proceeded to tell me that they were so busy that it would be to my benefit to buy them back because I'd still be responsible for the maintenance fees, etc. until they were transferred which could take a VERY LONG TIME.  When I balked at the $13,000 she offered to sell them back to me for as little as $2,650.  At the moment while in a state of shock over this whole ordeal, I paid the requested amount which I then disputed with my credit card company.

Based on the fact that TATW did NOTHING for the $2,650 that I paid, I won the dispute and the charge was reversed.  I have since received 2 phone calls from them and fully expect that they might try to sue me.  I'll cross that bridge when I get to it...but a word to the wise:  DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH TRAVEL AROUND THE WORLD!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2012 10:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travel-Around-the-World/Highland-Utah-84003-8942/Travel-Around-the-World-TATW-Scam-artists-and-extortionists-Highland-Utah-878356. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travel Around the World

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Mayan Palace Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: VC32 - (United States of America)

Mayan Palace sales representative offers a trade-In, letting the buyer believe that Mayan Palace is going to take their other timeshare and sell them for them and deducting the cost of their new timeshare with Mayan Palace, but at the end you end up owning two timeshares and payments due for Mayan Palace turning it into in a double scam. I know a company called Mexican Timeshare Solutions that can give you a free consultation on your matter, this is their website:

(((link redacted)))