Complaint Review: Travel Card International

• Reported By:Charlotte NC
Travel Card International
Nationwide U.S.A.

Travel Card International ripoff fraud

I am very upset at this point because I am out of almost $500.00. I was contacted back in January of 2001 by a suppose to be tele-a-marketer asking if I wanted to invest and become a travel member. She told me the terms and they began to take the money out of my bank account on January 16, 2001.

The first bank draft was in the amount of $129.00. Then they took $69.00 from the account 3 or 4 times after that. I received my membership card June of 2001. I only received the card after I called and became outrate with them.

Originally I was suppose to get the membership by April 22, 2001 so that I could us the card for a Birthday trip. That is when I decided to contact the agency to find out what was taking so long for the card to come. During that call the agent told me that I had not paid all of the required deposit.

I argued that point with agency and she told me that I would get the card once I faxed the documents from the bank to them proving that I had paid. I did that and received the card but I am still out of the money that I paid to get the card because I never used it. And the only reason I found out about the rip-off was because I am trying to plan a trip.

I am very upset with myself because something told me that this company was too good to be true.

Shawanna
Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travel-Card-International/nationwide/Travel-Card-International-ripoff-fraud-13446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travel Card International