Complaint Review: Travel Life Go Direct

• Submitted: Mon, July 30, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, July 30, 2007

• Reported By:Wantagh New York
Travel Life Go Direct
10500 Ulmerton Road, Suite 726-305 Largo, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-546-8844
  • Web:
  • Category: tempdir

Travel Life Go Direct - Florida Direct ripoff Had my checking account number phone number and has charged me $49.95 in June and July Largo Florida

Travel Life Go Direct called my home phone and associated themselves with Citi Bank about something I bought onilne/ (Thank You points) I assumed? They had my checking account#, routing#, so I thought it was ok to hear them out. They wanted to send me to Florida for free, I said I was not interested. They told me they would like to mail me some info and that I could call and cancel, and not be charged. I said ok. When I got the info In the mail, I called the number to avoid being charged. I did not speak with anyone just left a message. This was on 6-6-2007. On 6-22-07 I was charged $49.95. I called Florida Direct Vacations (888-799-1880) and spoke with an agent. I told him I wanted o cancel this, which I had never authorized. He assured me it would be canceled and the money be refunded to me. The refund never came. On July 23, I was charged again $49.95. I called Lucid (887-470-4631) which is the payee on the check and got a recording they were having technical difficulties. If I wanted a refund press 2, if I wanted to leave a message, press 1. When I pressed #1 they actually verified my home telephone number on the message. This time I left them a rather heated message threatening them that I would call the police and get the media involved. I then tried to call Florida Direct Reservations again and got the same person on the recording with the same message, but no options to leave a message. I then tried Travel Life Go Direct again and agot the same message. So they are all connected.

My bank cannot refund me the money since it was supposedly authorized by me and comes up as a check with Lucid as the payee. I called Lucid (877-470-4631) an get a recording saying "technical difficulties.) Called Florida Direct Reservations(1-888-799-1880) in St. Petersburg, Florida and get the same recording by the same person, and I called Travel Life Go Direct and get the same recording there with the same person. They are all connected.

Wantagh, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2007 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travel-Life-Go-Direct/Largo-Florida-33771/Travel-Life-Go-Direct-Florida-Direct-ripoff-Had-my-checking-account-number-phone-number-264131. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travel Life Go Direct