Complaint Review: Travel Plus

• Updated: Fri, August 22, 2014

• Reported By: A.C. Jones — Goldsboro North Carolina
Travel Plus
, Select State/Province USA

Travel Plus The company has a deceptive promotion, when contacting the call center reps speak in a condescending manor hoping you are uneducated. wethersfield conneticut

Travel plus uses a deceptive tactic of a pop up box when you are in the process of making travel arrangements. It promises 5% cash back on travel and a 25.00 gift card (mailed 6 weeks after travel confirmation) for trying the service this was on 6/21/14. The trial is 4.99 for the first 30 days and 14.99? monthly, billed directly to your credit card if you do not cancel during the trial period . They purposely send no welcome packet until after the 30 days since by then they can bill you for an extra month. In my case I called to cancel on 7/17/14 during my trial period and was told they were an online company and did not send out welcome packets through the mail I asked about information sent in the form of an e mail and they had no response . On 8/7/14 I called and asked them when they planned to mail my gift card. I was told it was mailed on 7/29/14. I called again on 8/12/14 and the representative spoke in a very condescending manner stating they had no control over the mail carriers nor did they control lost or stolen mail! He suggested I wait 7-10 more business days. On 8/22/14 I spoke to Lydia the supervisor in the call center explaining my situation and asking that they cancel the card and send out a replacement. Assuming I was uneducated, she stated company policy states they must wait 90 days before issuing a replacement. I explained to her that this made no sense and it did not take 90 days to cancel a card that had not been activated or to request a replacement. I told her this was no way for claims to be handled she said my number would be given to the main office and I would be contacted.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2014 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travel-Plus/Select-StateProvince/Travel-Plus-The-company-has-a-deceptive-promotion-when-contacting-the-call-center-reps-s-1171712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travel Plus