Complaint Review: Travel Service Network AND Travel Union Of North America

• Submitted: Fri, May 21, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, May 21, 2004

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Travel Service Network AND Travel Union Of North America
222 East State Street Batavia, Illinois U.S.A.

Travel Service Network, Inc. AND Travel Union Of North America, Inc. Fraudulent "travel vouchers" ripoff scam liars evaders Batavia Illinois

I unfortunately purchased "travel vouchers" for a 4 day cruise to Cozumel over 1 1/2 years ago. Supposedly, you send in the voucher with your requested date and they book the vacation for you. However, every time you send in the voucher they return it to you claiming that you have not met some particular stipulation, and a vacation never gets booked (despite the fact that you have spent over $500.00 already).

This happened repeatedly, until I finally realized I was being ripped off. I talked to one particular customer service representative who even agreed that the company was a scam and he was looking for another job! He told me that if I wrote a letter requesting a refund of the "port fees" I could get a partial refund, but that since I actually purchased the vacation from Travel Union of North America (which no longer exists) I would not get a full refund.

I sent them a certified letter back in March, have called repeatedly, and still no response. I don't want to give up yet - 500.00 is a great deal of money to me!!

Stephanie
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2004 02:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travel-Service-Network-AND-Travel-Union-Of-North-America/Batavia-Illinois-60510/Travel-Service-Network-Inc-AND-Travel-Union-Of-North-America-Inc-Fraudulent-travel-vo-92457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travel Service Network AND Travel Union Of North America

composer