Complaint Review: Travel Union

• Updated: Fri, March 22, 2013

• Reported By: Mack — Gastonia North Carolina
Travel Union
Scottsdale, AZ Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America

Travel Union ATTEMPT TO DEFRAUD HUSBAND & DISABLED VETERAN WIFE Scottsdale, Arizona

Recieved a 'Travel Check Voucher' in the mail for $1,350.00 in my husband's name; I was curious as to WHEN he had made travel plans for us as we are newlyweds, so I opened the envelope marked 'Personal and Confidential' and 'Final Notice'.  At first glance the voucher looked legit but upon further inspection I noticed the date (15 March 2013), which just seemed off to me and just downright odd.

Since I have several years experience in inspection and money-handling (US Air Force and Wells Fargo Armored), I immediately looked for the company's banking institution information so I could verify funds on this tempting amount.

Funny though, there wasn't one printed. Must've been because this voucher was supposedly to be redeemed for a travel CERTIFICATE, (is there a difference?) So I called the number listed, as I jumped on my laptop to research this company, and spoke with a young man who began asking questions about my identity since I obviously wasn't the male whose name was in their system; I gladly told him that I was the wife.  I found this site & many other people across the country who had this same kind of experience; (some actually sent money and got scammed.)

Then he asked the one question that (I think) made him hurry off the phone: Do you and you're husband gross a combined income of $50,000 annually?  I replied 'No, because I'm a disabled Veteran' at which point, he immediately told me that we didn't qualify BUT that we should tell our friends about this "opportunity".  So I'm telling you all, DO NOT send this company ANY MONEY at all, regardless of what you gross per year!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2013 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travel-Union/Scottsdale-Arizona-85251/Travel-Union-ATTEMPT-TO-DEFRAUD-HUSBAND-DISABLED-VETERAN-WIFE-Scottsdale-Arizona-1037059. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travel Union